What's new

That's it. I can't take this anymore. SRIP opens and then closes. Why?

Pogo

Does ANYONE know how to stop DOS programs from closing just after you've opened them? It's driving me CRAZY!!

Someone please help!

Clements

2000/XP does not have DOS, only a DOS emulator which is crappy. Try running from the Command Prompt, or use a DOS emulator.

Allnatural

How many times have you asked this now? There is no GUI, so you'll have to learn how to use the command prompt.

FYI, because a program runs from the prompt does not automatically make it a DOS program.

OP
P

Pogo

"because a program runs from the prompt does not automatically make it a DOS program"

I never said it did.

"How many times have you asked this now?"

Twice. You've got a biiiig thing against people who want answers don't you?
And after changing to SRIP's directory in DOS and then typing SRIP, it runs, but then I'm given the directory's command prompt again so I can't give SRIP any commands.

It seems any further effort from this point just wouldn't be worth it.

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
so I can't give SRIP any commands
because u need to know the commands...
is there any readme file with help/comments??

PS: where did u get the .zip file ?

Allnatural

Pogo said:
You've got a biiiig thing against people who want answers don't you?
And after changing to SRIP's directory in DOS and then typing SRIP, it runs, but then I'm given the directory's command prompt again so I can't give SRIP any commands.
My point from the beginning was that you need to learn the basics of the prompt. There are plenty of resources out there (try "command prompt tutorial" in google) that can explain every nuance, if you're willing to learn. It's a useful skill; not every program has a GUI.