What's new

Terranigma

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
Has anyone else played this game for SNES? I know the SNES is probably overrated, but this game (For me) was better than any game I've ever played. Jade Empire for Xbox is a close second, but Terranigma really stands out. Even more so any any Final Fantasy (Friggin overrated... :whistling ) or other games.

So, anyone else played it or enjoyed it? I thought it was awesome. Kickass music, with great graphics...3rd in the series (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, in that order), but I never got into the other 2 games.

Clements

I had Illusion of Time on my original SNES, and loved it. Terranigma - gave up on the Bloody Mary boss.

OP
Rom Manic

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
It was just getting good there :eek: I would suggest you play it from there. Zophars Domain has a savestate up to that point...What a coincidence :p

Oh wait, you live in england, huh...Did you have it for the console?

Clements

By the time it came out in about 1995 I was saving for the N64, so didn't get it. Now you can't find it anywhere in the shops. I may go back and do the boss in, but it is very difficult.

OP
Rom Manic

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
Very. Use the LightRod and use your STR Potions if you have any. ElecRings too if you got them. She does have a pattern of attack, so just watch what she does and how she does it :)

I should start playing Illusion of Gaia, speaking of the series...

Last edited:

snesmaster40

Oooh, I've only played this game, it's really good, but I had to give up when I got stuck on the fish boss (2hp damage per attack, wtf?)

Clements

Well, I beat the BM boss by using Eleckrings. Which Fish boss - the one in the Mermaid tower? Terranigma has a bizzarre damage system that when you don't have a high enough level you do almost no damage to the enemies.

snesmaster40

Yeah the one in the mermaid tower, it was a long time ago though. I made my own infinite health codes and got to the mermaid tower at level 18 which is probably the problem. Oh and I kinda forgot to save before the tower, so I just couldn't be bothered.

OP
Rom Manic

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
Meh, but certain weapons do certain damage, like the LightRod against Zombies in Louran and such.

I would imagine the ElecRod in Freedom would be a good choice to buy.

OP
Rom Manic

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
I didn't like Final Fantasy 3 as much as Terranigma. It just wasn't the same feeling when I beat the game.

But I liked Terranigma for the real world comparisons. Almost everything in the game can be related back to real world things.

Oh yeah, one more thing about Terranigma. You guys all know the black dude from the movie "The Core", right? Well, if Terranigma ever became a movie, I would definitely see him as Beruga. I swear to god thats who Nintendo got the image for Beruga from, if you compare the big portrait of him in Mosque to the black dude.

OP
Rom Manic

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
I googled up Slipknot and found the scariest face I could see. I cut it off to 96x96, bordered it, and put it on imageshack.

You'd be amazed by image searching band names.

OP
Rom Manic

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
I figured that this was mostly a N64 based community, but maybe I was wrong. In any case, Sorry for the confusion :p

otomo

You should consider playing the whole trilogy (I don`t remember the details so don`t ask me)

Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma.

OP
Rom Manic

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
I started playing Illusion of Gaia, but neither of them were really as good as Terranigma. The way the game is played and the storyline was better, I suppose.

otomo

Yeah, I had the same problem with illusion of gaia, I might get around to beat it someday.

But Soul Blazer was a very good game to play!