What's new

Team Cassini, The Open Source Sega Saturn Emu

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
refraction said:
probably cos even the authors dont know whats different ;p

tbh i dont think its any different from the original, just the gui changed slightly.
I also think that this is true. I pesonally believe that the "authors" of this project use the work of other people and simply say that it's their work.
A possible example is in this thread: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=22258

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
PsyMan said:
I also think that this is true. I pesonally believe that the "authors" of this project use the work of other people and simply say that it's their work.
A possible example is in this thread: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=22258

well yes thats the other possability which i find very plausable, but the link is being removed when theres a mod around who can alter it, so i suggest removing the link to their site from your thread :)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
refraction said:
well yes thats the other possability which i find very plausable, but the link is being removed when theres a mod around who can alter it, so i suggest removing the link to their site from your thread :)
Since there is alread a link to their site from this thread I don't think that it's necessary, but if a mod/admin wants to remove my link he can do it whenever he wants :)

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
I'll take the flak for this if required, no offence to the coders and those that worked on this project but we do not wish to support cassini until it is public knowledge that the project is legal.

Talas

Son of the Sky
I wonder how they are going to prove it. Well, I for one like the emu. But it would be cool to know whats new in the releases. ;)

Talas

Son of the Sky
Oh and BTW I would like to hear a statement from Barnito concerning the questions that have been raised recently about the legality of the Team Cassini Emu (nice idea for the name btw, didnt realize what it meant at first. ;))

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
he has been included in the convosation (kinda) HERE

Also you can see his side of the story on their official forums (Which i shall not link due to the site content) but just looking at the home of the emulator, which is riddled with illegalness, says it all :)

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
well look through it, he has linked there to their forum and their "legal" statement.

plus hes left a few comments through the thread

Mr Dragon

I like the way the "source" of Cassini is just a 14Mb dissassembly of the hacked executable.

That's great guys, thanks for the effort. I think I can hear Stallman's cheering your contribution to open source right now.

Trotterwatch

Mr Dragon said:
I like the way the "source" of Cassini is just a 14Mb dissassembly of the hacked executable.

That's great guys, thanks for the effort. I think I can hear Stallman's cheering your contribution to open source right now.
Some people want the moon on a stick! :p

I agree 'tis lame btw

The Dude

Hey guys,there is a huge debate going on at the place where the Cassini forum is hosted. Even they have said they are not supporting it and the Cassini forum will close in 24 hours (sometime today.) Its quite an interesting read, Keith from Emufanatics posed some very good questions and got no good answers.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
The Cassini team have nothing to offer but flames for any criticism they have recieved. To me this "project" is completely fake and a waste of time, the team are refusing to answer questions and are flat out insulting people insetad of trying to prove them wrong. Glad to see 1emulation are cutting support from them.