What's new

Tales of Symphonia with Dolphin

Cody

As the first I would like to apologise for my bad English. My problem is that ToS doesn' run well,although my system have to be sufficient. However, I have also found no compatibility list.
Does somebody have experiences with Tales of Symphonia and the Dolphin Emulator?

My system looks as follows:
Core2Quad Q6600
Geforce 8800GTS 512
4 GB Ram
Windows Vista Home premium 64 Bit Edition

I am grateful for every helpful answer.

cerebus5

It should have sound, that is one of the games that is reported as working. When you say the newest unofficial SVN, is it number 445 (or thereabouts)? What number is it?

cerebus5

Oh yeah that's probably because you don't have the latest directx redistribution. Anyhow I'm sure you can do it on Opengl, it's usually better than directx anyhow for Dolphin. But just install the latest redistribution and you'll be good.

OP
C

Cody

Oh yeah that's probably because you don't have the latest directx redistribution. Anyhow I'm sure you can do it on Opengl, it's usually better than directx anyhow for Dolphin. But just install the latest redistribution and you'll be good.

OK thanks I´ll try it.

Edit:
It works now, but the Sound is stuttering and crackleing
My sounddriver is the newest I can get.

Last edited:

eleminator30

OK thanks I´ll try it.

Edit:
It works now, but the Sound is stuttering and crackleing
My sounddriver is the newest I can get.

Not meaning to bump but you got further than I could get lol, then again, your system is MUCH better than mine:

Northwood Penitum 4 Processor 2.8GHz *OC'd to 3.25GHz*
1GB DDR RAM
ATI Diamond Radeon 512MB AGP 4x/8x *best I could find at the time*
Motherboard: Gigabyte P4i65G *yes I know I'm a bit outdated lol*

Believe it or not, I get PLAYABLE FPS with his set up...even though it's not anywhere NEAR full speed...like around 65 fps when loading up, 30fps during title screen, but during the intro scene however, it drops to from around 1FPS to 3FPS lol...then freezes at the scene where some person tells the character to wake up *I'm assuming, didn't go past that part*. Only difference is I THINK I know what my problem is...I'm using a single core processor to run a program that's PROBABLY meant for a dual core or at least a more powerful processor. That or I have some settings off. Any light on this?

Oh and there's NO WAY for me to play with the Dolphin Video Plugin (DX9) it always gives me some error message about not being able to grab 1GB of RAM or some stuff and tells me to grab the X64 version if I could...either way, OpenGL at least makes my games playable...

cerebus5

Just ignore the DX9 version. But I think the problem is you're using a very old processor. Well, a very old computer actually. Does your graphics card even support Pixel Shader 2.0?

Anyhow what you're getting is probably about par for the course for the rig you have. There isn't much else I can advise you.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
An ATI Diamond Radeon with 512MB of VRAM can't be that old of a card. He should include the model number of that Radeon, however.