What's new

System Problems?

Fernanda

Hie, Buddies ^^

Well, I have some questions to you... it's about the frame rate when I am playing the games in the emulator.

With my configuration, I was suposed to have a nice speed? In the menus, sometimes the speed goes about 120 fps... but in game it never goes more than 30 fps... There's something I can do to change that?

Can someone help me to understand? ^^

My System is:

. Windows XP pro SP2
. Intel Celeron 2.5Ghz
. GeForce FX5200 128mb
. Memory 512mb

Last edited:

squeakypants

What game are you trying?

Also, make sure you have it at top priority and fullscreen with no other software running. If it still doesn't work, use a lower resolution until it does.

WhiteX

E aí Fernanda, tudo bem? (What´s up, Fernanda?)

Look, Chankast was left at very early stages and it is very CPU reliant, with your machine, you are suppose to have avearge speeds, not very good ones and if it is really bad, you may try to increase or decrease the level of CPU emulation by using the + or - keys.

OP
Fernanda

Fernanda

Oh, the games I've already tested were:

. Ikaruga (decent speed... sometimes it goes 40 fps ingame)
. Marvel vs Capcom 2 (27 fps was the top I had)
. Capcom vs SNK 2 (same of MvC2)
. Metropolis Street Racing (29 fps top speed)
. Rival Schools 2 (25 fps top speed)

I'm running chankast alone, no other programs... and I've already tried the - ou + option... with this I had the top speeds I said before, without it goes even slower.
It's the normal speed I should expect?

Thanks about the atention :*

WhiteX, Oooooi, fico feliz em encontrar um conterrâneo! ;)

WhiteX

You see, when i was onto Chankast, i saw that the FPS Chanka gives you are somehow not very true to gameplay even Fraps disagreed with Chanka on that matter, are your games "feeling" slow or it is only the FPS Chanka is giving you?

OP
Fernanda

Fernanda

It's a little slow... maybe about 60% of the normal speed, i guess.
I tried speedpig too, but it made no difference.
More memory would help, or it's all about videocard and cpu?
What alternatives I have? ^^

squeakypants

I've got 2.56ghz p4, 768mb DDR ram, and crappy geforce4 mx 420 (64mb). I get 30-60fps in ikaruga, usually around 45. However, during the parts that I can't control (the ship flying into the level and such) sometimes it goes down to 5-15fps.

WhiteX

As i said, Chankast is very CPU bound, a newer CPU will always make the best boost but count on that Chanka is only at 0.25 so perfect speed and gameplay may not be acquired.

EDIT: On my system i do not get 60 FPS on Soul Calibur.

OP
Fernanda

Fernanda

Thanks for the help people ;)
So, that's nothing I can do... the games are slow but at least they are playable. \o/

Miretank

Lurking
STFU X, you gotta a wife and a daughter, dont try to win the new lady for you too :D let me have a chance :D

OP
Fernanda

Fernanda

HAAhHAhAHhAHAHah, oh my!
I have an "almost boyfriend" :D Nothing better than have a second player on the other joystick, right? hahahahaha

thank you guys, I feel very welcome ^^

Miretank

Lurking
KCIK OUT YOUR BUDDY ASS AND BE WITH MAE LADY I KNOW TO COOK! :D
Well, that's not true. I dunno to cook. :( But you like pizza don't you? :)