What's new

Sync and Plug-in problems...

swarmster

Ok, problem number one:

I'm using Jabo 1.5 and have tried various audio plugins and when I turn "Sync Speed" in 1964 on I get speeds of about 30-40 VI/s. With it off, I get 70-100 VI/s. ARG! Is there any way to just limit it to 60?

What is it syncing to that the speed would go down to the thirties?

I can usually get it back to normal by leaving sync off and increasing resolution, but it's still hard to get right, and then every game is different.

Anyway, second problem:

Jabo 1.5 is not giving me much improvement. Some little things are different, like now the selection hands and percent signs show up in Super Smash Brothers, but I'm seeing nothing different in, say, Mario Golf. I have that dll in my 1964 folder, and everything else is okay, I think.

I few days ago I had to re-install Windows XP, so I also re-installed 1964. The speed issue is new, but the other had happened before. I suppose the speed could be caused by some obscure setting I forgot to change but I don't remember having to do anything before, and I'm pretty sure I've tried almost every possible combination, lol.

So, any suggestions/help? Thanks.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
List your computer specs. When you sync the game, it is supposed to stay at 60 VI/s. Besides, if it was at 30 VI/s, then it would be a little slow to play.

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
hmmm...dont use speed sync from the audio plugin, there is a video speed sync feature in one of the menus (under CPU). I hope that helps.

OP
S

swarmster

I tried copying the Project.rdb file. I already had one in there, but this one (the PJ 1.5 one) was newer. I am getting some graphical improvment.

It's still slow, though. I'm not using the audio plug-in's sync, just 1964's. In fact, I was testing without sound, so I know that's not it.

Anyway, thanks for the help, but I finally got my Voodoo5 working in my other computer and have been taken by Glide64 ;)

( Jabo 1.5 works great, too :p )

In the computer I was using before I had a ProSavage 32meg card, which should soon be a Radeon anyway, so I guess my problems are solved :thumbsup: :D

It still puzzles me, though...

Kethinov

Hi all, sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I am having this problem even after copying my project64 rdb. My VI/s fluctuates between 40 and 90! Any other suggestions?