What's new

Switching discs in Dolphin

lightningfire

After finished disc 1 of resident evil rebirth , it asks for the next disc as shown below , how do we swap discs ? is such a feature available in Dolphin

my.php

OP
L

lightningfire

It is a GCM file and not an ISO. Yes , it is my folder of GCM/ISO files .How do we swap the discs ?
It says press the open button , open the disc cover and switch from disc 1 to disc 2 .The screen for the disc change comes up happens just after Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine goes down the lift to the Laboratory area at the end of disc 1. Without a disc change , the game cannot be completed

I am quite suprised that this issue of multi-disc games hasnt been discussed in any of the thread here so far.I hope in the next release some feature is implemented

Last edited:

cerebus5

gcm/iso is the same thing, the extensions are interchangeable. But I mean, usually if you rip a 2-disc set it will have it as two separate isos. So couldn't you just boot up part 2 with your savegame?

cerebus5

The savegame is already in your data folder if you've gotten to the end of disc 1. Just load up the iso from disc 2 and it should read it normally I'd think.

cerebus5

Yes but surely you had saved the game previously. What happens if you try to load the iso from disc 2? Do you get an error message?

OP
L

lightningfire

No i dont get an error message . the game loads perfectly .I will try loading the last save from disc 1 after booting disc 2 and see if it works .
BTW , justa question , did you actually finish this game with dolphin ?

OP
L

lightningfire

Yes it works now !!!!!!!! Now i can finish this game.

Still disc swapping is something that needs to be implemented .Like maybe using a virtual drive with daemoon tools, allocating a drive letter and mounting the ISO on it ,so that could dolphin can literally swap discs