What's new

SuperSmashBrosMelee In-Game?

Firebgre

Hello, just wondering if it is possible to get passed the character selection screen. I get 15-22 FPS on the menus, but it just doesnt go ingame. Even when I choose Event, where character selection isnt required sometimes, It will not go into gameplay. Any ideas?

here is where it stops. No error, not not responding message, nothing,... just stops after I hit start.

*EDIT

Forgot system specs:

AMD Athlon x64 3500+ 2.21GHz
Radeon X1600 Pro 512 GDDR3 (ded) (+Shared 1.2GB Total)
2GB DDR RAM Dual Channel
and I think thats all the important stuff

Last edited:

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
I was able to get past it by changing the language of the game every time before choosing a character.

OP
Firebgre

Firebgre

Ahh, it worked!!

Thanks, I tried that and sure enough, it worked! Someone Stole my game cube last year, so Im stuck with an emulator :'( . Good thing they didnt find my games!

PS.

hows ingame working for you on your PC?

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Pretty slow, around 5-10 FPS. Dunno if it can get any faster than that with the current Dolphin version (to a playable speed, that is). If you're looking for a way to substitute your GC, I don't think any current emulators can do it accurately

OP
Firebgre

Firebgre

Pretty slow, around 5-10 FPS. Dunno if it can get any faster than that with the current Dolphin version (to a playable speed, that is). If you're looking for a way to substitute your GC, I don't think any current emulators can do it accurately

Yeah, SSBM works at 4 FPS on mine, I can still kind of play, but I just decided to buy a GC on ebay.

OP
Firebgre

Firebgre

Nope

eww, your using vista. :saddam:

Thats where half your ram is going :p

Vista = Resource hog

Nope. :) Ive 2GB RAM at the moment and only 24% is in use with 46 processes. Vista has much better memory management. In XP I couldn't run 3+ games at once and have no lag. With vista that is very possible. Also. Switching between games running at the same time is instantaneous. I run more than 1 game at a time between World Map turns on CIV4 haha

OP
Firebgre

Firebgre

Why would you want to run 3 games at once, anyway?

"I run more than 1 game at a time between World Map turns on CIV4 haha"

And it makes for easy switching. I can have my fav games open at all times and dont need to wait for them to boot. especially fifa. But then again i do have a quick starter for fifa. Anyway, I wouldnt have the games open, then run something like M2TW.

GCliquid

Banned
by the way, how did you get super smash melee rom?
(i'm new and i haven't been lookin' around much, i'd like the rom) sorry, off topic. i've seen something on youTube that tells you how to make it run at normal speed.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can't make it run "normal" speed. That is unless you record you ~2fps gameplay and speed up the video.

starfox5194

Gamecube Texture Distributer
GC liquid,

Google is your friend and (not to be the guy who never breaks the rules butt..) i'm pretty sure the question you just asked isin't allowed in this forum.

anyway there is a legal way that is with a fantasy star hack and a broadband adapter.

or you can just download the iso if you own a copy the game (i'm pretty sure that is legal)

Off Topic Hey XX Fightstar XX AKA Zion didn't expect to see a fellow psp lua coder here

Memory-sniper

Nope. :) Ive 2GB RAM at the moment and only 24% is in use with 46 processes. Vista has much better memory management. In XP I couldn't run 3+ games at once and have no lag. With vista that is very possible. Also. Switching between games running at the same time is instantaneous. I run more than 1 game at a time between World Map turns on CIV4 haha

Lol its not vista that makes the switching fast. It's your processor. I'm assuming its core 2 duo.