What's new

Super Smash Brothers 1.4 problem

akadewboy

Ok, first of all I have confirmed that this is a good rom with Goodn64, Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].

Now the problem, when I installed the new PJ64 I went to play it and the hand for selecting your charecter isn't visible anymore. Are there any special settings I have to use to make it visible, cause I know that it used to be visible in v1.3

It's no big deal, I can still select my charecter with some trial and error, but I'm just curious if I can fix it cause I rather prefere v1.4 over v1.3.

Last edited:

Greevy

Resident Emusician
Hey akadewboy,

The hand is clearly visible on my computer.
Well, as long as that thing looking like a dick is the hand...

It might be your video card, or those rats playing with the power supply.

Could you give me your system specifications, and, if possible the version of the drivers installed for the video card ?

Greevy.

gokuss4

Meh...
i dont, ever treid change blending mode if invalid? maybe you should try that and see if it works. i have a voodoo3 and i did that and it works fine but still the bleding isn't good cause it leaves a trail of anything and everything on that game lol ill post a screenshot later LOL

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Messing with the settings often helps solve problems. Especially the "advanced" options, like "fornce normal blending", and so on...

Doomulation

LOL! That's a fun image.
Anyway, I've checked it out, and it works fine for me.
Either it's your video card (which I personally think), or you have some strange options enabled.

For me it worked fine with all and w/o all options.

bositman

Its a voodoo3 card i presume...ive seen it happen on my borther's pc.You should get direct control and disable agp something..i dont remember it exactly

zizmaz

ive got that missing hand too!
but its since i first played this game with 1.4!
the first time i played with 1.4 there was a hand the other times no hand anymore!
also with the new jabo graphics plugin my pc restarts after the first game when the pointscreen appears and after restart winxp displays an graphics error cause of my geforce2 mx400 64mb.
with the old plugin this doesnt happen!

StonedConker

i saw your screenshot and i'm sure how it is.I have exatly the same prob (voodoo 3 2000) and it cannot be fixed in pj.Try this game in Nemu and you'll see that the gfx looks just like the way it should be. :)

Honeywell

Slowdown problems

as long as your on the topic of helping people with SSB i was wondering if u guys could possibly help me....

p3-500
voodo5
os-window 98

when i play everything just slows down a ton the sound gets distored and it feals like im playing slow motion, though my frames remain in 50+ range.

so if anyone could help me that would be cool... thnx ???

Honeywell

Slowdown problems

as long as your on the topic of helping people with SSB i was wondering if u guys could possibly help me....

p3-500
voodo5
os-window 98

when i play everything just slows down a ton the sound gets distored and it feals like im playing slow motion and the frames dorp to about 25+....

so if anyone could help me that would be cool... thnx ???

OP
A

akadewboy

Here's my specs, and what's odd is when I play VS, I can see the 2nd player's hand just fine, but not the 1st.

Windows 98
128 MB RAM
32MB NVIDIA TNT2 M64
Pentium III 733 MHz

What settings are those using that can see the hand?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i also hav that prob, and i have a gf2 . and its a good rom, and it happens on 1964 = gfx plugin issue. maybe its a d3d6 version? or a certain option...

alessmz

Banned
hand and eberything is good x me and my ati radeon 8500 64 mb

anyone has achieved in playing Donkey Kong 64? If so, the right setting for it?

Thnkx:blush:

Doomulation

alessmz said:
hand and eberything is good x me and my ati radeon 8500 64 mb

anyone has achieved in playing Donkey Kong 64? If so, the right setting for it?

Thnkx:blush:
Dang! Use 1964.