What's new

Super Smash Bros

I've recently discovered the Dolphin Emulator and I'm extremely impressed.

But whenever I play SSBM I get 30 FPS on the menus and around 18 during the intro, but my game freezes whenever I start a match.

I'm wondering if I placed my configuration file in the right place. Currently it's in the data folder.

My system specs:

AMD FX-62(2.80 GHZ)
2 Gigs of Ram
ATI 1900 XT

Last edited:
Especially if you play in that special melee mode called turbo(or speed, too lazy to turn on the gamecube :p)

I never actually tried this, just my theory.

K1rby64

Banned
i played super smash in the japanese language and it works but the language is disgusting me so i found a solution for this problem ! you need to change the language continously after each match [japanese-match-english-match]repeat

vlado

Sexy's back!
K1rby64 said:
i played super smash in the japanese language and it works but the language is disgusting me

well japanese is a really nice language , and it's not nice to insult other peoples languages here.
If you don't like it don't use it!

Knuckles

incase you didn't you, you can switch to japanese then immediatly back to english and it will still work. it's just the "language" switching that fixes it...

psychodan

Sorry to bump this topic up, The reason SmashBrosMelee works after switching the language to japanese has something to do with what Dolphin will and will not accept. Using the action replay, you find that the default language is japanese [on the first screen of it], But switching the language to japanese and then back to english switches this function. the glitch seems to occur when the ingame specifics disagree with the rom specifics, possibly something in the hardware that corrects this that dolphin doesnt yet emulate.

Tehyoshi

Whoa, this is very confusing...

I am still lost.. I ran the emulator with SSBM, and my menu goes about 5FPS and I can't see the intro video, and it loads way to slow to go into the game.

Could someone please help me T_T

prosaica

hi,i'm italian!
i downloaded dolphin v 1.3 beta and i runned ssbm but in the intro i get 1.50 max fps...i tryed to change the language,but nothing happens!can someone help me please? :(

prosaica

ok i downloaded the version 1.02 of the emulator and i get max 20 fps but when i press start to start the battle,my game stop! i tryed to change the language of the game (JAP!) but i understand nothing -.- i'm a bit ignorant,please :D

BlueFalcon7

OK, the FAQ explains why it doesnt all work. Its still under development. Also, it only works in japaneese. Yuo should be able to navigate your way around.