What's new

Super Smash Bros. Melee Problems

moeymo

I'm using Dolphin 1.03 to (try to) play Super Smash Bros. Melee (a .gcm file). It works pretty well (it is going at average speed) but everytime I choose my character and press start, the game freezes.

I know there's this "language trick" but could someone please explain it to me. I believe you have to change it to Japanese, but my version of Dolphin doesn't have it.

I'm using Windows XP but I've also got Windows Vista Home Premium, though I haven't tried it on that computer.

Another problem is using the gamepad on Dolphin. Everything works except for the direction. On both the analog and digital buttons, it doesn't move properly. For example only goes up and down, or if I change the axis on the plugin settings, can only go side to side.

Any help would me much appreciated.

snes101

The language trick isn't actually in Dolphin's menu, it's in SSBM's itself. Just go to Options > Language, then change it to Japanese (or any other if you're using the PAL version), then change it back to English if that's your preferred language.

Can't help with the gamepad problem though, sorry.

OP
M

moeymo

Thanks a lot anyway snes101.

Now that I actually have it working though, there's now more problems.

I've used GCOS 1.5 to speed up the game but now everytime a start a match, it stops and goes to a blue screen saying something about how my computer has shutdown and that there may not be enough disk space. But I have 5.6GB space left - isn't that enough??

Last edited:

LelandStanford

Must have something to do with your virtual memory size in windows. Also, does your Vid card use "Turbocache" or "Hypermemory"?