What's new

Super Smash Bros. Graphics

Arkellipsis

I recently got a SSB ROM but noticed a few difference from the actual game... (aside from what was mentioned in the game FAQ, so it might be a problem with my computer)

1. Link's bomb does not flash orange when it's about to explode.
2. Some object are not the correct color (ie. hyrule's tornado).
3. The timer on the upper right corner is black instead of white.
4. Shields are hard to see.

Any help on how to improve the game graphics will be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I tried to post screenshots but it didn't work, sorry.

OP
A

Arkellipsis

Specs:

Processor: Pentium 4
Processor Speed: 1.8GHz
Operating System: Windows XP
Video Card: 32MB ATI Rage128 Ultra
RAM: 128MB

I guess that covers everything...

Lex

Arkellipsis said:
Specs:

Processor: Pentium 4
Processor Speed: 1.8GHz
Operating System: Windows XP
Video Card: 32MB ATI Rage128 Ultra
RAM: 128MB

I guess that covers everything...

it is your graphics card.
Try to put change belnding mode when onvalid on

OP
A

Arkellipsis

OK, so lets forget about Link's bomb. I've tried some other video plugins and noticed that in some of them (such as NEMU), actually displays hyrule's tornado in the correct color, but messes up other parts of the game graphics. I'm currently using Jabo_Direct3D6 because it's the one that has the least errors. Can any of you suggest a better video plugin? Thanks.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Arkellipsis said:
OK, so lets forget about Link's bomb. I've tried some other video plugins and noticed that in some of them (such as NEMU), actually displays hyrule's tornado in the correct color, but messes up other parts of the game graphics. I'm currently using Jabo_Direct3D6 because it's the one that has the least errors. Can any of you suggest a better video plugin? Thanks.

Can you post screenshots? I'm just curious. :phone:

I reccomend glide64+evoodoo for your card, it will work 100%. :flowers:

OP
A

Arkellipsis

cooliscool: I downloaded Glide64+evoodoo and unzipped them in my plugin folder, but pj64 does not seem to detect them...what should I do?

I tried to take screenshots but I couldn't get them onto this forum. (I clicked img and typed in the directory in which it is located, but it didn't load when I posted)

EDIT: wow, it worked, thanks alot!

The only problem now is that pikachu's ear's are missing...lol but i guess i can live with that...thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
A

Arkellipsis

I tried, but the ears just wont show...aside from that, there is another problem. The glide video plugin is waaaay to slow on my computer. I know this is due to my graphics card, but I'm wondering if either:
- A new evoodoo wrapper is going to be released that would speed up glide64 on a non-voodoo card
-or-
- Jabo_Direct is going to have a new release, containing all the same features as glide64

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Arkellipsis said:
I tried, but the ears just wont show...aside from that, there is another problem. The glide video plugin is waaaay to slow on my computer. I know this is due to my graphics card, but I'm wondering if either:
- A new evoodoo wrapper is going to be released that would speed up glide64 on a non-voodoo card
-or-
- Jabo_Direct is going to have a new release, containing all the same features as glide64

Neither; it will naturally be slow since your cpu has the daunting task of converting tons of calls to a different api. >_<

It's buy a new card, or suffer. hehe. :phone: