What's new

Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Lillymon said:
Yes, there are several NES games that still don't even start on emulators. But I do think it's possible to make every Nintendo 64 game at least playable on an emulator. Because:

1) One emulator can use many plugins. Different video, sound, input and RSP plugins can be used for each game.

2) The Nintendo 64 doesn't have nearly as many games as the NES.

The only issue with correctly emulating each game, is that the HLE implementation of new features for one game frequently breaks another. I agree, with enough plugins, it may be possible to emulate every game correctly, it'll just be very slow.

Maxx77

Hopefully, we have some plugins by now...
It's very good to know that orkin's & rice's plugin's are progessing very well

Maxx77

Yeah, you are right DoomEmulation, and sorry Dave64...
In the past i used glide64 in conjunction with my loyal voodoo5 5500 pci.
But now that i have a geforce4, all changed.
Glide64 is an one of the best, i agree ;-)

M

mainframe19

heres a good idea, how about loading the whole n64 rom into some of the pcs ram, than set aside some ram for the cpu opcodes .instead of haveing the emu read from the cache hd, most of the time.cause right know when i play diddy kong raceing in 1964085 it just pasues every so many secs.
right now i think it is cacheing to many opcodes and or gfx.that chould be done in ram.
i mean like the option in snes9x menu to read the rom from ram.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
mainframe19 said:
heres a good idea, how about loading the whole n64 rom into some of the pcs ram, than set aside some ram for the cpu opcodes .instead of haveing the emu read from the cache hd, most of the time.cause right know when i play diddy kong raceing in 1964085 it just pasues every so many secs.
right now i think it is cacheing to many opcodes and or gfx.that chould be done in ram.
i mean like the option in snes9x menu to read the rom from ram.

1964 already loads the whole ROM file into RAM, and it already caches the dynarec output in RAM. Seeing as you have 512 MB of RAM, that is not your problem.

Are you using Jabo's D3D 1.5 for gfx, by any chance?

M

mainframe19

i was running it on my friends pentium3 500mhz with 128mb of rdram 400mhz.geforce4 64mb 4x agp.with winxp pro.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Running Windows XP on 128MB of RAM... that would be the problem. Windows is forcing the ROM (or maybe the compilation cache) to get paged out to disk.

M

mainframe19

on my pentium2 300mhz laptop with 96mb of ram and an ati video card.it runs at 37fps when running duke nukem!and it has directx9 on it.and has way better sound in some games than my friends pentium3 pc.whats up with that??

and i just thought of a good suggestion, that chould use skinks like what windows media player uses.more speed for lowed pcs, and more support for us laptop users.

M

mainframe19

heres agood idea for your video plugin rice

just add 3dnow technology and Enhanced 3DNow! technology, to your directx8 plugin, and than it will realy make it go way fast!

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
threadraisethedead_001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.