What's new

stupid computer Q

hellfire021

this is gonna be a really dumb Q.......how would you go out installing windows on a comp that doesnt have an OS? i'm guessing you put the CD in and type some dos command thing

Clements

If you have the Windows XP CD, go into the BIOS and change the boot order so that it boots from a CD first. Then put the Windows XP CD in and start your PC.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Um, the Windows install disk is a bootable CD. So like, go to the BIOS and change the boot order so that it loads from the CD drive first, pop the CD in, and reboot. Windows is pretty user friendly so it will walk you through it. Hmm, unless your installing Windows 3.1 by chance. If i remember, that was a bitch to install.

Edit: Lol, i guess Clements beat me to the punch

GCFreak

Unless his CD-Rom isn't an ATAPI CD-Rom, boot the system off a boot disk. Press ENTER when asked, put the CD in. Type in R: or your CD Drive letter which I'm guessing is D: . Then type in cd\i386, press enter. then Type in winnt.exe press enter and there you go. This works for Windows 2000, 2003, XP and Windows NT.

Unless you are installing Windows ME/98/95, Boot the PC off a Floppy disk. Press ENTER when asked, put the CD in. Type in R: or your CD Drive letter which I'm guessing is D: . Then type in setup.exe , then ur free ;D.

Remember, this guide is if only he DOESN'T have an Atapi type CD-ROM OR His CD isn't self-bootable.