What's new

Studying?

yogaman

Banned
I'm really interested what u guys are all studying (or are going to in near futur). Also I'd like to know how/if it changed your life. Whether it was really tough and if there are a lot of chicks :devil: ......
I'll go study medicin in one week - and I fear that it'll be tough. I get the chance to leave my ol' parents :happy: .... but I need to move really "far" away and am going to lose/meet very seldom my friends and my band......

I hope you can encourage me ....(like, it's just a pice of cake :cool: ) ...

L

Lachp30

Im looking into computer programming, but thats not going to happen for a few years yet..

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
im looking around either law or psychology.

I was considering IT, but it's my personal belief that most computer/technology related jobs are going to be a bit shaky later (and they are kinda boring, I've been a chairborne ranger before, didn't like it :p ). Reason I think this way is because the "nintendo generation" is growing up on computers and the internet, and there will be a huge overabundance of skill in general in that profession.

iq_132

Banned
Haven't decided...
I could do anything with computers.
I like *botany*.
I could be a veteranarian.
But I'm just not sure.

*I spellcheck, but the spellchecker doesn't know how to spell...*

Last edited:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I'm going to do a course in Internet Systems & E-Commerce, either home or abroad, next year. ;)

blizz

I've gone to the University of Life since I left Uni doing chemistry because of the fire, oh and the lack of work and me actually being there ;)

Sukh

Long gone...
right, i'm doing Computing, Economics and Maths.... + General Studies. I did do Biology, but dropped that.

I hopefully plan to do Computer Science, or a joint degree involving Economics and Computer Science :) Bring in some dollaz :p

UltraThing

Alpha you should be the last one to correct someone's typos ... I've seen you use the word "ethnic" when you should have used "ethic" ... look these two up and see how hilarious that is!:D

I'm older than most of you guys ... I've been to college, then worked for two years in japan as a school teacher, then came back and went to law school. Now I've been out and working for five years. Each step along the way brings MAJOR changes which will alter who you are, how others perceive you, what you think, and how you'll live.

It's just growing up. As for chicks, yogaman, there is no better opportunity than first year of college. Just keep it wrapped!

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
hehehe.... yep, well - since u erased that cock on your avatar you seem to be a more decent guy. j/k

nobody doing medical college..... maybe I've been watching E.R. too much (although it was my mum watching it and I doomed to watch aswell)

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
im doing computer science at college and next year I'll go to university to study computer science (research)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
UltraThing said:
Alpha you should be the last one to correct someone's typos ... I've seen you use the word "ethnic" when you should have used "ethic" ... look these two up and see how hilarious that is!:D

Mistake? Moi? Nononono - see I don't make mistakes. :sly:

Seiously though, I haven't used the word "ethnic", let alone use it in the wrong context :p . Without looking at a dictionary, I know that ethic describes beliefs, where ethnic describes a group of people who share a distinctive trait.

Stezo2k

S-2K
i'm doing ICT intermediate, its more of a laugh really cuz every one there are really funny, and i know all the stuff being taught to me anyways :p

Stez

UltraThing

Well, Alpha, hate to have to do this but .... since you used this smiley..:sly: ..I have no choice....

Originally posted by Alpha Wolf:

You know, you realy have to begin to question nintendos ethnics. The only few console games that have....

You will find this in Alpha's post on the following page ...

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8545&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=5

that is, unless Alpha goes back and edits his post:happy:

Yogaman .... that whole mosaic-censored wanker thing was my wife's fault ... blame her for everything. It works for me!

Last edited:

UltraThing

Oh and yogaman .... since you are actually looking for some advice ... I'll give you some. If I could go back to 18 and start my "life after high school" over again, I know EXACTLY what I would pick for my major:

PHARMACY

It's medical in nature but you rarely get sued, if you do youre protected by the fact that you follow the computer data (which is why theyre rarely sued), and you'll make monstrous dollars, have plenty of free time and holidays, and retire secure. Unless you have a driving passion to be famous or something, it's a great way to go, and only requires an extended bachelor's degree ... you don't have to go to any graduate or professional school. There are tons of career choices available with a pharm degree, too (you don't have to work at a drug store, although they make very very nice $$$ too).

Don't believe me? Stop by your Wal-Mart or Rite-Aid pharmacy and ask the actual pharmacist (not assistant) on duty what they make a year. Usually it's AT LEAST $75,000 or so starting out, and topping out around 110k to 120k. Depends on location but they aint hurtin' if you know what I mean.