What's new

Strange Kirby 64 problem

Talis

:!!!:

Okay, so I get the kirby 64 rom, and I know Project64 works on my computer since I've been playing a ton of games recently...and for some reason, Only for that game, my directional keys wont work!!

I checked then with my other roms, and they work for them. But when I go to play Kirby, I can't move left or right....so I can't get past the stupid swallowing lesson at the beginning of the game!

Oy...

returno

cheap question

My Kirby rom works OK.

Did you check the rom with the 'good' tool (see faq)?

It seems like the obvious (and, ok, cheap) question - "everything works but this one rom, so maybe the one rom is .... bad?"

OP
T

Talis

Yes, I ran it through the good checker. To which I got:
Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards (U) [!].z64

So, seemingly it is a good rom. I just can't use the arrow keys on it. Also, I tried all four of the patches from the bad-to-good zip that has patches for almost every N64 game (tried them each of a fresh copy, of course) and then they all give fun errors like 'Entered an endless loop'

....Any ideas?

OP
T

Talis

Oh, and I tried downloading another rom, and this one does the same thing. But it had the same name, it might be the same rom just from another person...

I dunno...

::goes looking for another::

Meanwhile, any ideas?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Yup, i know your problem.
The problem's that kirby uses the d-pad. Not the analog stick. Make sure to config your keys accordingly :)

Da Funk

Re: cheap question

returno said:
My Kirby rom works OK.

Did you check the rom with the 'good' tool (see faq)?

It seems like the obvious (and, ok, cheap) question - "everything works but this one rom, so maybe the one rom is .... bad?"

in my kirby everything works fine except at the bottom it doesnt refresh what my health is and which item i have. If i get hurt it does not lose a bar of health. it only refreshes after i leave the level and start at a new spot after i leave the screen. does anyone else get this?

Kakujo

Refresh problems

Da Funk said:
in my kirby everything works fine except at the bottom it doesnt refresh what my health is and which item i have. If i get hurt it does not lose a bar of health. it only refreshes after i leave the level and start at a new spot after i leave the screen. does anyone else get this?

I also got this. Someone please help.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Da Funk said:
It's a core issue. It might go away as you progress through the game. If it bugs you, use mupen64.