What's new

strange graphics in rez

holymoz

Hi, I've a strange graphics in rez, some buggy lines on the screen, does anyone had this?

rez.JPG

I've also tried the z buffer and z-alpha options but nothing, the capcom hack and old gfx doesn't change anithing, ciao!!

OP
holymoz

holymoz

the wireframe is disabled but the problem don't disappear, graphic seems normal only in the few seconds before the beginning of a stage, then when I start to play becomes buggy.
the automatic sequences are normal.

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
Im probably wrong, but it looks like a weird distortion on the same frame buffer bug/non-implementation thats present in Silent Scope and a few other games. Not sure if REZ uses the frame buffer though.

OP
holymoz

holymoz

mm..thanks, I believe I must wait the next release, before that I wish to know if it's only a my problem or someone had the same bug, the only game (except this) that I tried it's ikaruga and work perfect (I finished it maany times), ciaus!

eltuco

I have the same problem but there is less buggy lines than you. BTW It's playable.

Radeon9700
AMD 2500+
A7n8X De
Xp pro

life_247

it does look to be the same problem u get with silent scope. I hope the impliment it for next version, fingers crossed.

OP
holymoz

holymoz

it's a little problem but it's nothing considering how good is the emulator and all the games that runs

Medion

If you ever played REZ in the console, you know the background is complete framebuffer self-feedback effects. That aside, the game seems to be working perfectly (all polygons seems to be in the right places).

And *all* of you people should think a bit before bitching and realize that framebuffer effects *ARE* a major PITA to emulate properly, in ANY console, and ususally are partially implemented way late into an emulator's life.

It took ages for PSX and N64 emulators to provide proper framebuffer FX emulation. VGS was the first PSX emu to sport near perfect graphics, because it used a software renderer, that allows way more freedom than OGL/D3D. N64 emulators have framebuffer problems even today: it's often disabled by default in GFX plugins, and often slows performance to a crawl when turned on.

Only recently, with the advent of pixel shaders and more flexible video cards, emulating framebuffer effects in the GPU has become more feasible (see Pete's OGL 2.0 PSX GPU plugin as example).

So don't expect this to be fixed anytime soon. It might even turn out to be easier to implement than I think, but such kind of stuff usually takes a while, or ends up being a slow feature. The same goes for Z-sorting problems, since the Dreamcast GPU was capable of certain things in hardware that current video cards can't do natively (sorting semi-transparent pixels and drawing them in the right order). It *might* be possible with the lastest pixel shaders, but I'm unsure.