What's new

Strange crashes

karth95

Lord of the Cats
1964 works great, the second, and any other time after the first, when I load a rom.

Here's the deal. I load a rom. It crashes. Says 1964.exe has generated errors. It will now be closed. You will have to restart the program. :bunny:

Then I hit OK.
I open 1964, open the same rom, and it works great. I can play that rom, from now on, without it dying. I load a different rom, one I've never played before. Dies with the 1964.exe blah blah blah error. Restart 1964, works like a charm. if I load EVERY SINGLE rom once, It works great after that, I just get tired of having to restart 1964 to play a completly different game. I can reboot and the roms still work. If I reinstall 2k, I have to go through the crash thing again. Anyone have any ideas? I'm confused. :huh2:

if someone REALLY wants it, they'll have to tell me where to find the drwatson error log.

I'm using .83, but .73 does it as well.
Karth

I keep forgetting.....

Athlon XP 1800+
2k SP 2
Voodoo3 3000,
glide .253 graphics, nrage or noot's DI.
Azimer for audio, sometimes no audio.

Last edited:
OP
karth95

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Well, now I'm hoping desperatly that it will work in .84. Also, I REALLY need a new video card, so I can hook up with the sweet opengl plugins that everyone is writing now. Glide .253 is sweet, but I would like to have REALLY nice graphics.

Trotterwatch

For the record, I consider Glide .253 to have the best quality of graphics of all of the plugins around (with all due respect to the other emu authors).

Put it this way anyways, you won't get any better - y'know.

OP
karth95

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I've noticed that it seems to have some really nice texturing abilities. In pilotwings, the bulls-eyes have actual color, instead of just black rings that are almost invisible. There are others, but they all escape me right now.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Afaik, glide64 and jabo is equal. Glide64 has fixed many issues in games that jabo's have not.
But, it's all a matter of opinion.

So stick with Glide64 :) you're not gonna get better gfx.

OP
karth95

karth95

Lord of the Cats
huh. who woulda thought my crappy v3 3k would be useful for somethin.