What's new

Stick rotation with mouse not working.

AdamR

Bean
Hello.

Replicating controller stick with a keyboard is near impossible, so I read somewhere here to use the N-Rage and set the mouse on the axis. Here is how I set it up:

Analog stick, range 100%, disable Real N64 Range.

Config 2:
Up, Axis Y-
Left, Axis X-
Rigth, Axis X+
Down, Axis Y+

They appear fine when I move the mouse to set them.

On the devices tab, I have absolute X/Y unticked and sensitivity to 300%.

When I rotate the mouse, the stick rotation is very weak if any at all. I've tried other settings etc fiddling, even made a little program to rotate the mouse for me in a perfect circle (see attachment). Makes no difference.

Is there some other way to rotate the stick? Some of the mini games in Mario Party are impossible without it.

Thanks for you're time :)

Toasty

Sony battery
Rather than solve the problem, I'd bypass it by getting a joystick. (They aren't that expensive and are so much better for gaming than a keyboard/mouse.) Otherwise, I don't have experience with that plugin, but you might try increasing the mouse's speed in the Control Panel.

OP
AdamR

AdamR

Bean
I wouldn't have anywhere to place/store it.

I did try to buy some adaptoids, but ZTnet don't accept debit cards or paypal (which is just stupid).

Increasing the mouse sensitivity in the control panel (to max) didn't make much improvement.

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
I once tried playing some games with mice, to no avail. There's just to many differences. I tried having the center of my mouse be the dead zone, but that made it near impossible to stop. I also tried having the dead zone be wherever the mouse was stopped, but that made it really annoying to keep moving; you had to keep pushing the mouse up to go forward, for example. In my experience, it's better to just fork out the cash for a joystick or controller and play the game that way.