What's new

Status Update?

crhylove

Banned
not easy!

it's not easy! you have to jump off the bobbing wood under the red bobomb and wall kick the side of the map. i finally did it though... i'm at 99 stars, how many are left now?

rhy

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: not easy!

crhylove said:
it's not easy! you have to jump off the bobbing wood under the red bobomb and wall kick the side of the map. i finally did it though... i'm at 99 stars, how many are left now?

rhy
You could've done as I said, that's easy. As for remaining stars, it's 21. There's a toal of 120 stars in the game. Go for it--and find 'em all! ;)

crhylove

Banned
more mario madness

ok, doom, et al....

how do i do "wall kicks will work" on the first snow level? is it in that house at the bottom, and i'm just not 733+ enough to get into that hole?

rhy

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
You need to speak to the red bo-bomb on that level first to open up the cannon (he's on the platform at the middle of the lift near the big penguin). Take the cannon near the big penguin and shoot over to the other side. Follow the thin ledge around and then you'll find the wallkicking fun.

LD.

*poke*
And once you get to the walkicking fun, you've got to jump up the hill, timing it so that you do a triple jump off the end, then wallkick the top half of the wall and bounce your way off. Then crawl across the ice.

It took me ages to figure that out on the real N64 ;)

crhylove

Banned
got it....

earlier today before i read the new post.... thanks!

it was tough, till i started moving the camera all over....

then it was cake!

what a cool frickin' game though....

i'm at 107 stars now, but it's going MUCH slower....
figure i'll go get the rest of the "100 coins per level" stars now...
then find out what i'm still missing....

this game is the best game i've ever played....

it's depth is phenomenal.... too bad luigi's mansion was one of those movie/games that i hate.

rhy

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
Shall I be evil and tell LD the easy way to do the last jump for the wallkicking snow level star?

Yes :) Instead of making a nasty running triple jump to the far wall then wallkicking back across, you'll note the top ledge is a bit to the right of the edge of the lower ledge. I just do a flip around high jump to get decent height, then wallkick towards the screen. Provided you're going slightly right when you do this, you land on that top platform.

After you've done Mario, I'd highly recommend Banjo Kazooie for more cutesy 3D platforming fun, or Conker's if you want to play something more adult. Just a shame the only "sequel" to Mario 64 was Yoshi's Story, which was really a sequel to the SNES' classic Yoshi's Island.

LD.

*poke*
Son of a.... man, I never thought about that before. Now that I just took a second look at it though, I see what you mean. Damn thats easier!

Banjo-Kazooie is another great platform game. The controls aren't quite as tight as on Mario, and the camera tends to give me some hassle at times, but its definately a great game.

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
Don't worry, I didn't realise I could use that easier method till my third run through for the jump to the attic in the ghost house ;) I dare not remember the amount of stress attempting to back flip from the far wall for that jump caused me.

LD.

*poke*
The worst thing about that jump is you have to do it as fast as you can! Man that took ages for me... :D