What's new

Static background with Banjo Tooie

A.I.

Banned
I have a rather odd problem with Banjo Tooie using 4real/scotjc's 1964 0.85/mupen rsp config. When I start the game the music starts but instead of the intro playing all I see is a static background with a river, which is just a blue band.

Save states, fortunately, don't seem to be affected; otherwise I would not be able to play the game so this issue is more intriguing than annoying.

All the settings are at default (though re-configuring the options didn't fix anything either), the ROM is (!), the eep file is not corrupted and my system is brand new and kicks butt so I can't see why I should have this problem when the game played normally with my old (abnormal) system. And all my drivers are up to date.

I can have it running with 16x anti (yes I tried it without anti just in case!) and performance isn't affected (with save states) so I’m not getting any stuttering or crashes (so far) so that's not an issue either. Actually I can run Conkers on 16x and it runs like greased lightening!

I would be interested to hear of any theories that might explain this little mystery.

Sorry there's no picture but for some strange reason Image Shack refuses to upload the image.

jdsony

It's been a while but from what I remember that is a copy protection issue. I can't remember the work around. I'm playing Banjo Tooie but I've been using Project 64. I know I use to use 1964 to play it because it performed much faster. Someone else should know the solution to the copy protection issue.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
wtf... it has been a while! In 3 mnths i have got a new computer, new job and playn new games, still nice if this was fixed but no hurrry, old threads dont die they just fade away...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
is rsp enabled in 1964 0.8.5's config, i'm pretty sure you need to click a checkbox, the rsp is only required to boot the game. thats it.

pluginshv8.jpg

rsp dll also has to be named rsp.dll

Last edited: