What's new

State saving/loading

xtra krazzy

Dolphin Developer
Are you aiming for state saving/loading? if so, what will be the approximate size for a state file?

btw you should also get/decode GCI and gameshark save formats so you can make your emulated memory card import them..

but for now..... just speed up the FPS and make more games work ingame :p

spotanjo3

xtra krazzy said:
but for now..... just speed up the FPS and make more games work ingame :p

Wrong! Do not tell them what to do. Want to play it on the faster fps ? Play your own real console. It is not wise to tell them. :plain:

OP
X

xtra krazzy

Dolphin Developer
Rockmangames said:
Wrong! Do not tell them what to do. Want to play it on the faster fps ? Play your own real console. It is not wise to tell them. :plain:

umm.... I own a GC.... I was just trying to say that i'm NOT telling them what to do, but to focus on what they are focusing now: Compatibility. (or are they?)

by "speeding up FPS" I mean to optimize code, because even a mislaid function in a loop or bad use of too many variables could at least increase the performance in 1 frame.(optimizing code isn't fun, but I can do it, i'm also one of the experts in multithreading, which I think will help, but i just dunno how to reach/contact the team(finally something that I CAN do for Dolphin since i can't emulate opcodes or stuff like that :p))

Too bad...

P.S I also own a VIVO video card so technically I can play GC games on my pc and record them... But what about games that I DON'T own?(a.k.a.Zelda OOT Special Edition) There is no way i can install a modchip on my GC nor burn mini-dvds, so this is the only solution...

About save states: I just wanna know what they generally contain, just so I can understand the structure of states and how they work... So, can anyone answer?

Guru64

They contain the complete Gamecube RAM(which is something like 24-32MB) and tons of other shit.

OP
X

xtra krazzy

Dolphin Developer
Ohh.... The RAM.... I wonder if a PC/Thread State saving could be possible... :)
(though there IS windows' hibernation.. Naah)