What's new

Starting off with programing

L

Lachp30

I was wondering what would be the best programming language for me to start off with given the fact I no nothing about It apart from a few different names of langauges. Any links for beginners etc would be greatly appreciated.

Lockie

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well, two choices come to mind.

The most benneficial one to you would be C++ if you want to go into CS (Computer Science). Its the most used programming language around. Its extremely versitile, I'm pretty sure all emulators and plugins here are programmed in C++.

If your looking for the CIS (Computer Information Services) route and only want to make simple Windows programs, Visual Basic is very easy to learn. Two college classes and your capable of being certified. The disadvantage is that it is mostly used for simple applications in Windows, graphical games and such are not able to be done in VB very easily. VB is used mostly for database manipulation. The MS Access programming language actually stems from Visual Basic.

However both have similar techniques so one can pave the way for the next quite easily. Overall C++ is the most widely used for major programming so it might be good to get a quick start there, however it you start C++ with nothing but command line "DOS" type programming, it is quite a lot of work to do before you come close to Windows applications. Visual Basic has no command line programming, it starts out being Windows. Its really much easier than C++ to me, but has a great many disadvantages that C++ doesnt have.