What's new

start button problems

axobeauvi

I have seen some posts that have no controls ,but that isn't me.
The controls work except for the start button.
no matter what button I map it to it just won't work ,on my game pad.
if I set it to keyboard and map a start button ,it works.
I'm baffled.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Are you using the Blight input plugin? Can you try to map the start button to a button on your controller and then post the blight_input.conf file from your base directory?

OP
A

axobeauvi

yes i've tried , blight's SDL input plugin 0.0.8 and 0.0.8-b
here's the config

[controller 0]
plugged=1
mempak=0
mouse=1
device=0
DPad R=key( 0 ); button( None ); axis( 0+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad L=key( 0 ); button( None ); axis( 0- ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad D=key( 0 ); button( None ); axis( 1+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad U=key( 0 ); button( None ); axis( 1- ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
Start=key( 0 ); button( 9 ); axis( 6+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
Z Trig=key( 0 ); button( 8 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
B Button=key( 0 ); button( 4 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
A Button=key( 0 ); button( 5 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
C Button R=key( 0 ); button( 3 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
C Button L=key( 0 ); button( 0 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
C Button D=key( 0 ); button( 2 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
C Button U=key( 0 ); button( 1 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
R Trig=key( 0 ); button( 7 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
L Trig=key( 0 ); button( 6 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
Y Axis=key( 0 , 0 ); button( None , None ); axis( 2 ); hat( None , None , None )
X Axis=key( 0 , 0 ); button( None , None ); axis( 3 ); hat( None , None , None )

and thanks for getting back to me.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Hmmmm, Does the button hit show up in your favorite joypad testing utility? The driver could also be to blame. Or SDL. Or a *VERY* obscure bug in the plugin, but i'd check more likely things first (the plugins input code is pretty straightforward...)

It would be very helpful to know what joypad you are trying to do this with.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
yes i've tried , blight's SDL input plugin 0.0.8 and 0.0.8-b

Start=key( 0 ); button( 9 ); axis( 6+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )

I see a couple of things here. One is that you have both an axis and a button mapped to start here. Theoretically that should be okay, but it could potentially be a bug. You can change the '6+' value in the axis to 'None' without the quotes and see if that helps.

The other thing is that you are using v0.0.8. The 0.5 version of mupen64 comes with blight input v0.0.10; so your version is quite old. I would recommend that you download the mupen64 source package for mupen64-amd64 v1.1 and build our updated blight input plugin. Just go into the blight_input directory and 'make'. Then copy the resulting blight_input.so to your plugins directory.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Oh btw, before remapping you should always clear your config because that whole multiple types of input problem occurs when you don't.

OP
A

axobeauvi

hey thanks guys ,it was that weird axis (I should have noticed that)
Well, thanks to that I grabbed that newer version you mentioned (I was using 0.4) ,and it rocks.
Thanks again.