What's new

Starfox 64

IceFlow2

I have done a search on this forum about Starfox 64 and there was no info.

How do you get rid of the black & blue graphics anormalites in the sky and on the ground?

Also, When I choose my course, the music stutters bad and the framerate goes to like 3fps!

I was sure I have seen this problem discussed a few times but I typed in Starfox 64 and nothing came up.

Doesent the search engine work or something?

Clements

Try Rice's Daedalus 5.1.0d. The map doesn't slow down at all, and it's generally good in-game too.

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

Clements said:
Try Rice's Daedalus 5.1.0d. The map doesn't slow down at all, and it's generally good in-game too.

I could have sworn there was a plugin download section on these forums.

I know there is a plugin subforum at the bottom but its empty.

Wheres the best place to get plugins theses days? I have been out of the emulation scene for about 6 months and there tricky to find so a little help would be muchly appreciated.

EDIT: I found the Rice 5.1.0d pluing in the 1964 forum. All the documentation I have read leads me to PJ64.net but sadly it offline.
What is the latest version of Jabos Plugins? I have D3D6 ATM but it says to use Jabos D3D7 video for Banjo Kazooie in the 1964 rom notes?

Regards,
Iceflow

Last edited:

Clements

IceFlow2 said:
EDIT: I found the Rice 5.1.0d pluing in the 1964 forum. All the documentation I have read leads me to PJ64.net but sadly it offline.
What is the latest version of Jabos Plugins? I have D3D6 ATM but it says to use Jabos D3D7 video for Banjo Kazooie in the 1964 rom notes?

1.5.1 available via the service pack available at:

http://pj64.emulation64.com/support/

You'll need PJ64 1.5 first though.

As for the rom notes, this is a common misunderstanding, as they are old. D3D7 was the latest Jabo plugin back then when 1964 0.8.5 was released, since then Jabo's 1.5 and 1.5.1 have been released, which are better. Where is says 'Use Jabo's D3D7 1.40' it simply means 'use the latest Jabo plugin' effectively.

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

Veracity said:
Maybe its all those hallucinogenic drugs? {}:{

http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=69

Thats quite offensive buddy. I am totally against drugs and to be accused of doing them from someone that doesent even know me ticks me off.

Dont post the same link twice if I say that I cant see any plugins to d/l then what makes you think that just reposting the same link is going to change things.

Anyway, Theres nothing there still!

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

Clements said:
1.5.1 available via the service pack available at:

http://pj64.emulation64.com/support/

You'll need PJ64 1.5 first though.

As for the rom notes, this is a common misunderstanding, as they are old. D3D7 was the latest Jabo plugin back then when 1964 0.8.5 was released, since then Jabo's 1.5 and 1.5.1 have been released, which are better. Where is says 'Use Jabo's D3D7 1.40' it simply means 'use the latest Jabo plugin' effectively.

Ahh, Much Abliged Clements.
So thats why theres no Jabo Plugins in the Download section. Because they are in the service pack.

Are they the only decent video plugins available, Rice's and Jabo's or are there more?

Thanks again for your understanding.

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

Clements said:
Are you using an odd browser like Mozilla etc.? It works fully with IE 6.
Im using the latest IE6.
Maybe its got something to do with the page formatting or something I'll check my preferences.

What should be in there?
I can acces Rices 5.1.0 (non d) but thats it!

Clements

The other plugins that you should look out for are:

-TR 64 Ogl 0.86
-glNintendo64() (Not current release but the next [0.4] with Radeon support for your card)
-Glide64 0.42 (you'll need eVoodoo to use it)

These are very good with certain games that Jabo's has problems/issues with.

IceFlow2 said:
What should be in there?
I can acces Rices 5.1.0 (non d) but thats it!

It arranged in a similar way to the standard forums, with various posts with the graphics plugins attached to them. If you have no luck, try ngemu:

http://207.44.203.86/

It's sort of like a sister site to Emutalk and has most of the plugins there too.

Edit again: Try here also:

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/n64plugins.html

...if you can't get the download section working.

Here is Rice's Daedalus 5.1.0d.

Last edited:
OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

Rices Daedalus 5.1.0d doesent work for me and neither does Jabo's latest.

Maybe my video card is too new.

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
IceFlow2 said:
Thats quite offensive buddy. I am totally against drugs and to be accused of doing them from someone that doesent even know me ticks me off.

Dont post the same link twice if I say that I cant see any plugins to d/l then what makes you think that just reposting the same link is going to change things.

Anyway, Theres nothing there still!

No reason to be offended, I just wanted an excuse to use that smilie.

Its acutally a different link to, dirctly to the graphic plugin forum. Weird that you cant see it, maybe clear your cache? Security settings?

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

Is that the way the page looks for you guys?
Correct me if Im wrong but theres no plugins there!
Emutalk%20forums%20are%20ilogical.jpg

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

I have got Starfox running really good but I get little slowdowns.

I am using tr64 open gl v0.8.6