What's new

StarFox 64 - Graphical glitch in 1st level, possibly 2nd level too

ackmondual

My system specs are listed in my profile. Note that I've updated from WinXP SP1 to SP2.

I've verified the ROM with Good Tool and the ROM is good

In the 1st level towards the end, In the bef pic shows a gray/black smoke/smog covering the top half of the screen. In the after pic, where all i've done was give the arwing some altitued, it's clear skies (relatively speaking) in where that layer just disappears. I kno graphical glitches aren't uncommon in emus, but i don't recall seeing this when i played this same ROM many months ago.

Any1 have any ideas on how to fix this?

My settings are attached. For video, the 2nd tab, only "Force Filtered Rendering" is checked and for the 3rd tab, top half are all "default" while bottom half, everything is UNchecked.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
x-ray said:
i cant see what is the problom
Yeah, but you can't help so stop spamming around...
DId you had this prob with SP1 too?
Did you tried another gfx plugin? Never had this problem, very confusing...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You have an ATI card, jabos plugin screws up some with this game with ATI cards, I used to get a funny bottom half of the screen, this bloody blue thing would follow me around.

In short, try a different video plugin, like Glide64 (with the wrapper)

Last edited:
OP
ackmondual

ackmondual

no, i don't recall having this issue with SP1. But then again, I can't be certain that all the vid/audio settings were the same since then. The vid plugin should be since i only have Jabos for video

I just DL the >Glide64 v0.7< ME SP7 stuff from ... http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/. Not working of course (the glide.dll), but evidnetly, I need to install some stuff that came bundled with 1964 first. I'll do that tomo, as i gotta crash.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
It doesn't matter about video plugin settings, Jabo's direct3d cannot be fixed for ATI cards unless jabo released a brand spanking new one (i won't hold my breath on that). Jabo's has trouble with zelda as well with ATI's, I have an ATI i know what i'm talking about ;)

Note the fact Link has a white collar in OOT? thats a side effect of the ATI user, there apparently was more serious problems.

Jabo's fortunatly doesn't screw up with everything (thank god for that) so try it with the other games for sure.

Shove the wrapper from glide64's archive in the emu dir, shove glide64's dll into the plugin dir, look at clements sticky for the other files you need.

Get rices video plugin from the 1964 forum too and try that, its good too.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
ScottJC said:
It doesn't matter about video plugin settings, Jabo's direct3d cannot be fixed for ATI cards unless jabo released a brand spanking new one (i won't hold my breath on that). Jabo's has trouble with zelda as well with ATI's, I have an ATI i know what i'm talking about ;)

Note the fact Link has a white collar in OOT? thats a side effect of the ATI user, there apparently was more serious problems.

Jabo's fortunatly doesn't screw up with everything (thank god for that) so try it with the other games for sure.

Shove the wrapper from glide64's archive in the emu dir, shove glide64's dll into the plugin dir, look at clements sticky for the other files you need.

Get rices video plugin from the 1964 forum too and try that, its good too.

Is the fact that. in Majora's Mask, chests that contain red rupees show the rupees as yellow because I use an ATI card? Normal red rupees seem to be the right color...

gandalf

Member ready to help
Well,try with Direct 64 or GLn64, both are making an "perfect" emulation in OoT, and starfox 64 works fine with both plug-ins

OP
ackmondual

ackmondual

Glide64 just simply does not work. Not with Starfox64 anyways, and for the heck of it, also for Mario64. Even if it did, the fact that it doesn't work in windowed mode is a big turn-off for me since i often play in that mode. I'll try Rice, Direct 64, and GLn64 later when im not so bleary eyed :plain: .

Is the fact that. in Majora's Mask, chests that contain red rupees show the rupees as yellow because I use an ATI card? Normal red rupees seem to be the right color...

that would explain it for OoT as well. I thought i was color blind when i saw the message and rupee, but quickly remembered that even good emus can't be perfect. Was gonna ask this for many MANY months now, but always forgot about it :happy:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
ackmondual said:
Glide64 just simply does not work. Not with Starfox64 anyways, and for the heck of it, also for Mario64. Even if it did, the fact that it doesn't work in windowed mode is a big turn-off for me since i often play in that mode. I'll try Rice, Direct 64, and GLn64 later when im not so bleary eyed :plain: .

that would explain it for OoT as well. I thought i was color blind when i saw the message and rupee, but quickly remembered that even good emus can't be perfect. Was gonna ask this for many MANY months now, but always forgot about it :happy:

Doesn't it? whats this then ;) Scotch mist?

Windowed mode, and starfox 64.

You just haven't set it up correctly. you need the Wrapper AND the glide64 plugin! Glide64.dll goes in Plugins, glide3x.dll does in the directoru where project64.exe or 1964.exe is in, and you MUST visit clements sticky about glide64 to gather the other files (and stick them in project64.exe's dir) if you're using project64.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Scratch that, it doesn't work for me either now that i've tried it, Starfox just instantly closes the emulator, mario 64 works though,you're better using 1964 for this plugin I reckon.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ackmondual said:
Nope, that problem happens to nvidia users as well ;) Jabo issue =)