What's new

Star Wars

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I'd never watched a Star Wars film until 2 days ago when I saw Episode 1. And I've been reformed into a Jedi-wannabe now! ;)

So, anyone seen Episode 2 yet? Opinions? Ratings? Post away. :)

Now, I need to find copies of the other episodes to watch..

Slougi

Episode 2 was lame. Bad acting, bad dialogue, no character interaction. Well except somewhat between Anakin and Padme, but that was very bad as well.

Very very very disappointed, and I went in not expecting too much.

blizz

something was wrong with Star Wars when the rebels couldn't do fuck, until they met the Ewoks, and the Ewoks then kicked Empire arse with wood and stones.

Slougi

I agree, that was mentioned in that review as well.....

The obly really good Star Wars movies are episode 4 and 5

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Every one of the first 3 (1977-1980-1983 if I remember) was perfect.

I watched the 4th one (which is Episode 1) and it was awful. I mean the FX were fine, just there was nothing in it.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
the first 3 were all amazing. the third started off a bit gay with the singing and shit, but ended so good u forgot how crap the film really was. but phantam menace was like real pants. there was none of the emotion, adrenaline pumping action like the original star wars trilogy. instead u gt dry acting, a tedious plot on the tax federation, and no harrison ford brillliant acting performances - although when i first saw the film, i was really trying my best to pretend to love it. very dissappointing, we give George Lucas millions of money for merchandise, etc, and he gives us Jar Jar Binks. anyway, i cant wait to see Episode II on Saturday, im just gonna forget that Episode I eva happened...and also pretend that i didnt read about that apparently amazing Yoda Jedi battle (i hate spoiling things for myself).

sk8bloke22

roll for life
blizz said:
something was wrong with Star Wars when the rebels couldn't do fuck, until they met the Ewoks, and the Ewoks then kicked Empire arse with wood and stones.

dont diss the ewoks. seriously.

no really i think people that are slaggin off ep2 havent actually seen the movie they're just joining in with the bashin everyone is giving it... it was a cinematic, tense enjoyable movie... yes it has its flaws but they in no way destroy the movie, i thought it was great... slight flaws are not worth crucifying it for you picky sods!

Gorxon

Administrator
I totally agree with sy. Episode 2 IS good. I didn't have high expectations for this movie as Episode 1 wasn't very good...however i was postively surprised...

The acting is...well, not too good, but ok... and the story of the film, is excellent. What they should have done is found another man to play anakin and everything would be perfect :bunny:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Gorxon said:
What they should have done is found another man to play anakin and everything would be perfect :bunny:

They wanted to get Leonardo Decaprio. If they had, I wouldn't even go to see it.

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
Star Wars episode2 STINK!
the evil(boss) not so good. it just not like the phantom menace or the old evil.

but the good thing is...the soldiers it's CoOl

Gorxon

Administrator
Eagle said:

They wanted to get Leonardo Decaprio. If they had, I wouldn't even go to see it.

Hey, I said that they should've got another MAN to play :sly: :happy: :happy:

And, seriously, are you kidding me? You gotta be kidding me...

sk8bloke22

roll for life
dern dern dern da de dern da de deeeern...been singing the imperial thingy-bob tune all day. just 4 more hours to seeing Episode II.... 'excited, i am'

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok, Episode II seriously rocked. im not a big fan of action films, but this was just wkd. the first half could be described as laughably bad...not really the stuff with obi wan kenobi, but the ridiculous love scene between anakin and amadala. ive never seen something so badly acted, badly scripted and badly displayed ever in a film (no joke). buuut by the time things start rocking, u kinda forget how shit the film is, and witness the most incredible action scenes in film/star wars history - with plenty of linkage to the sequel star wars films. i also just remembered that the clone wars were actually mentioned in Episode IV, when Luke Skywalker chats to Kenobi, and asks if he fought with his father (Anakin) in the 'clone wars'.