What's new

Star Wars Rogue Squadron (emulated)

Sir Camehan

Here are some screenshots from the N64 video plugin I'm currently developing.

Please don't pester me for a release date, as I'm doing this as a project in my currently extremely limited spare time. But you can expect some more screenshots of my work in progress

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Wow, that's incredible. I don't even see any graphical glitches. It will be interesting to watch this plugin progress.

Reznor007

I truly believe those are PC screenshots photoshopped onto Mupen.

Reasons:

1-The lives counter in lower left is smooth in the fullscreen shots, but choppy in the windowed shots, I believe this is from resizing the image to fit, the rader has the same issue.

2-the silver medal is way too aliased and choppy, also from resizing a screenshot, the cockpit in the first shot also suffers this

3-the position of the image on the windowed shots is different in every picture. Look at the bottom of the game image and you'll notice several spots where the pic doesn't line up.

All I can say is, please prove me wrong.

olivieryuyu

nice shots

but as you know i 'm beta tester of Mupen and i'm unable to run this game : i can just have the first screen, that's all. it's a common bug with emulator (except Nemu): with expansion pack there is a loop effect. Mupen doesn't have the option: 4MB and so there is no way to go futher that the first screen. The timings of Mupen are not generated by plugins or anything else as speed of the PC: it's in the core so i don't see how you did it.

also Mosysx sound system is not emulated in HLE and all is processed by RSP. That's why nearly all those game are very slow with this sound system (BTW Azimer please help us !!!!). But on your screen you are with Vi of 60 all the time. On the all of them. i didn't know that Mupen was able to do that and i never saw that with all the hours i spent to beta test Mupen !!!

hmm i will let a chance to prove what you're talking about: provide me a savestate of Mupen (not PJ64, 1964 or anything other emulator) running in game. if you can, it'll prove that Mupen can run SW.

i was sceptical and i'm more and more sceptical now ...

minkster

I really hope this is true, but most of the screenshots look choppy and possibly stretched to fit the screen. If there is a logical explanation for this, I'm all ears then.

OP
S

Sir Camehan

The reason that the screens are aliased & lack filtering, in the windowed view, is because there seems to be a bug in the filtering code I made. I should have implemented standard filtering & proper resolution detection code for the game. And I made several alterations to the Mupen64 0.5 source code to make it remotely playable, without sound .But that DOES NOT excuse the edges being screwed up, so go ahead, think what you want to think....

Anyway, everyone can be sceptical if they really want to, and I can't do a single thing about what you think, because it is your'e opinion & no-one elses.

Here are just some screenshots of MY implementation of fragment shader extensions (WITH proper filtering) in MY work in progress, if anyone's interested (which I very highly doubt, since all of you will try to find a way to prove it wrong, even though I stayed up to midnight working on this.) OR if they believe this plugin actually exists and NOT a elaborate sham. I also implemented the microcode for Legend of Zelda: Oot and Banjo Kazooie

And just to let you's all know, I'm halting development on this plugin, as it seems extremely clear that NO ONE appreciates ANYTHING I DO, even in the real world :ranting: . I get treated like shit every single day, and I have to even put up with being treated like dirt on here. So, go ahead and ban me right now, OR I will find a very valid reason to make myself banned!!!
:gunman:

mix

The celshaded screens look awsome. You were trying to make them look like that right? If not they still look cool.

Trotterwatch

And just to let you's all know, I'm halting development on this plugin, as it seems extremely clear that NO ONE appreciates ANYTHING I DO, even in the real world . I get treated like shit every single day, and I have to even put up with being treated like dirt on here. So, go ahead and ban me right now, OR I will find a very valid reason to make myself banned!!!

Perhaps grow up and realise that there will always be sceptics in this world.... and to be totally honest this of all places is fed up of people promising things and not delivering due to telling lies. You may or may not be an innocent casualty of this.

The adult way to respond to this sort of thing is to prove the people who doubted you wrong - and not to throw your toys out of the pram at the first sign of criticism!

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Oh! another Mr look at me !

don't worry guy, we've all seen you, now realize that people very quickly loose interest about screenshots. Emulation is real emulators and plugins that people can play with (or at least try). Before that, authors usually don't talk publicly, talking is wasting your programming time!

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Right, prove everyone was wrong by showing us more WIP screenshots.

I'm not a programmer but, is it easy to implement wireframe rendering in a graphic plugin? If so, I think a Rogue Squadron capture in wireframe could be a good prove.

Keep up that good job. Think that if they're saying that those shots are fake it's because it's just too good to be true. ;)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Sir Camehan said:
The reason that the screens are aliased & lack filtering, in the windowed view, is because there seems to be a bug in the filtering code I made. I should have implemented standard filtering & proper resolution detection code for the game. And I made several alterations to the Mupen64 0.5 source code to make it remotely playable, without sound .But that DOES NOT excuse the edges being screwed up, so go ahead, think what you want to think....

Anyway, everyone can be sceptical if they really want to, and I can't do a single thing about what you think, because it is your'e opinion & no-one elses.

Here are just some screenshots of MY implementation of fragment shader extensions (WITH proper filtering) in MY work in progress, if anyone's interested (which I very highly doubt, since all of you will try to find a way to prove it wrong, even though I stayed up to midnight working on this.) OR if they believe this plugin actually exists and NOT a elaborate sham. I also implemented the microcode for Legend of Zelda: Oot and Banjo Kazooie

And just to let you's all know, I'm halting development on this plugin, as it seems extremely clear that NO ONE appreciates ANYTHING I DO, even in the real world :ranting: . I get treated like shit every single day, and I have to even put up with being treated like dirt on here. So, go ahead and ban me right now, OR I will find a very valid reason to make myself banned!!!
:gunman:

Anyone can use Photo Shop and Talk is Cheap. Years ago you could prove things by an image being shown, these days only way to prove a thing especially in the emulation world is to: Stop the hey look at me aint i great heres my thang thats the shiz check out the shots!!!, and to just get on with the dev and release when done. People who show screens and never release a work in progress is always going to be called a fraud. Also as Trots has already said, You should act like an adult if you want to be treated as one :)

I honestly hope your plugin is real and wish you all the best with it. I Would also like to point out however cool it is for the emulation world for such a plugin for these games, i personally couldn't careless if these games are emulated because i found them on the real console to be utter crap. saying that one ones Rubbish is another mans gold.

Reznor007

You're a fake. Those are all ATI Smartshaders gathered from Beyond3d's shader competition.

Either believe that, or I've been working on my own plugin with shader support ;)

OP
S

Sir Camehan

I implemented custom OpenGL ATI SmartShader support in the plugin. Now will you all just ease of my back OR will you continue to keep saying whatever I do is utter bullshit and make me just give up and put a gun shot to my head?

Make up your mind, people (that's if you ever have one)

Its pointless to keep arguing, as I strongly think this will turn eventually into a flame war. I will hopefully end it by saying this: I should have NEVER even bothered, and the plugin was doomed from the absolute start. I should have ran myself in front of a train when I have a chance, then to put up with this, just because of a few people who try to doubt everything I try to do. Now would a admin OR moderator please lock this thread and remove my account, as I don't want to constantly put up with this shit?

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
if you dont like it that a few people dont beleive you then release it and be done with it....

its 2005 dude....wake up and smell the coffee, i do hope you realize that you cant get EVERYONE to beleive you with screenshots.

This is a classic case of:
Person X : "I did something that no one else can! Look at this: *insert screenshot here*"
Person Y : "I dont beleive you!!!!"
Person X : *cries* "since everyone dont beleive me, ill never release it"

:D

xneoangel

Persona User
_Chrono_ said:
if you dont like it that a few people dont beleive you then release it and be done with it....

Totally true if you want us to believe you just release what you have done until now.

Reznor007

Rather than sit here and whine about killing yourself, try posting a screenshot of Star Wars in wire frame mode(every plugin has had it at some point), or maybe releasing a beta version, since it apparently works with all the games you've shown with no visible errors and even has shader support(usually features like this come after the core stuff works good).

Like I said, please prove me wrong. If it's real I'll have some nice respect for you.

Allnatural

lol, classic case. The guy (and the plugin) may be the real deal for all I know, but it's all playing out the same way so many fakes have before, now with a suicide slant.