What's new

Stable framerate in Project 64...

OP
B

Bentastic

Is Rice's Daedalus the same thing as Rice's Video V10 or are they two separate things? I'll search for both plugins and mess around with different settings in nemu64 and 1964 and let you guys know what happens. Thanks for helping me out this far. Much appreciated.

- Ben

Iconoclast

Alright, so I assumed. I assumed that the core was the cause of the problem and not the graphics plugin. I did, however, test it using various graphics plugins. For some reason, though, I must have made a mistake somewhere, because it turns out that the core does not fix the slowdown. I don't remember how I even reached my conclusion, anymore.

So, try this. Use 1964 with the Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0 plugin. It comes with 1964, so no need to download it. Just press Ctrl+P, and change your plugin to Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0.

I have noted, however, that some static appears in Project64 but not Nemu64 when both emulators use the same graphics plugin.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Is Rice's Daedalus the same thing as Rice's Video V10 or are they two separate things? I'll search for both plugins and mess around with different settings in nemu64 and 1964 and let you guys know what happens. Thanks for helping me out this far. Much appreciated.

- Ben
Yeah. They're the same thing.

Iconoclast

No, they're not. Rice's Video Plugin is the most mature graphics plugin out there. A long time ago, it was originally Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0. Rice's Daedalus is a premature version of the plugin. Rice extended the project to outside of the 1964 emulation project, however, in hopes of great improvements in development of the plugin.

Rice's Daedalus does a better job on this game than Rice's Video Plugin, though.