What's new

SSF questions, relating to Giri Giri

R0YB0T

SSF seems to be the most reliable by far. But I notice certain games such as Panzer dragoon saga, look Much less pixelated on Giri Giri. I am assuming this is because you ca chage the screen resolution lol. Anyway to do this on SSF?

dragomasterx2

There aren no filterring, scaling options yet, i think borisz should suggest this to the author.
Another option i would like to see is an always on top option because I want to heare the sound of a game even if im surfing

OP
R

R0YB0T

Damn. Upping the resolution makes such a huge impact. Anyoe know of a way to force it to? I have a Radeon 9800 pro and so far I can't pull it off.

OP
R

R0YB0T

You can set it to use direct draw (full screen only).
when I use my radeon's utility for special effects, like black and white mode, classic, RGB cycle, etc. They work fine.

Borisz

yah, SSF uses pure software rendering. It's slow and will look pretty pixelated, however, it will result in an image that is perfectly identical to what a real Saturn would display (your TV meshes the pixels together anyway, so its not as much of an issue there).

Girigiri uses your 3d card to do the rendering, because of this it has tons of video bugs and its generally inaccurate everywhere. However the polygons are displayed at a higher resolution, so the polygon edges are less pixelated. imo that makes it look even worse, because the textures themselves are still low-res, so it looks pretty bad in overall. The higher resolution also introduces vomitous pixel scaling as girigiri uses no filtering whatsoever, so unless you set (numerous) costum resolutions on your videocard/monitor matching what your game is using, and tell Girigiri to use that resolution (which needs another hack to activate a hidden resolution changer), 2d sprites and 2d everything will look disorted.

OP
R

R0YB0T

Yeah I only use SSF. GiriGiri and Cassini (i know they are basically the same) both crash on me all the time. I would be pretty pissed if that happeed mid game.