What's new

SSF File Missing and Other Random Problems

_glitch_

I have a few more problems. I got Satourne to recognize my drive and I can boot the BIOS. However, I can't seem to load any files.

I have a BIN/CUE of WipEout and I don't know how to burn it to CD so I can play it in Satourne. How is this done?

Also, every time I run SSF, it just gives me a message that says, "Missing File." It shuts down.

Lastly, I can't find out where to load the BIOS in Casinni. Yeah, I know it's a "bad" emu, but it can run a BIN/CUE. I had it, installed the BIOS, but I didn't have the ASPI so nothing would run. I got the ASPI and reinstalled it, but for some reason, I can't find it anymore.

Thanks in advance.

_glitch_

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, Cassini requires the BIOS to be named Euro.bin

Just a control question: Do you know how to burn CD images in general? If you know how to burn CD images, you DO know how to burn BIN/CUEs.

OP
_glitch_

_glitch_

Okay, now where do I put the file so I can implement it in Cassini?

Also, I can burn CDs and ISOs, but I have no clue how to burn CUE/BINs.

If I can figure this out, then that'll solve about 90% of my problems.

_glitch_

Agozer

_glitch_ said:
Okay, now where do I put the file so I can implement it in Cassini?
Doesn't Cassini have a bios folder? If not, most likely you have to configure the path to the BIOS file in Cassini. I don't use Cassini, so I can't say for sure, although I did try it like a year ago. :/

I'd still suggest that you use SSF above all else, plus Daemon Tools, so you don't have to worry about buring CD images. Are you sure SSF has all the files it needs (i.e. you downloaded the SSF archive from a reliable source and you also configured SSF to use the BIOS and the right CD drive).

OP
_glitch_

_glitch_

Where do I get Daemon Tools?

Also, I can't even launch SSF, let alone configure it. I downloaded like 3 versions from saturn.emulation64.com.

Here's a screenshot of the error I'm getting:

untitled2zl.png

_glitch_

Borisz

You need to name the bios as "boot.rom" but be aware that that version you have up is about 2 and a half years outdated. The newest version allows you to choose the bios from a menu.

Agozer

Yes, it would be awesome if you'd keep your emulators updated. It also makes my job a lot easier, since I won't have to start second-guessing. ;)

OP
_glitch_

_glitch_

So where do I get the latest emus and how can I be sure that they're the latest?

_glitch_

AzureDrag0n1

Where do I get a BIOS file to run it? When I click to run it says BIOS with some random characters

edit: I think I already have a BIOS file though so what about ISOs? I thought they were another name for ROMs. I hear you have to mount an ISO or something like that. When I run SSF I get an MSDOS type window and numbers running on top. This continues for far while with the numbers keep increasing. I tried to play a game called Astal on it but nothing happens.

Last edited:

Borisz

ISOs are copies of all of the data on a CD-Rom disc, including stuff you don't even know to be there. Basically an image of every sector on the disc, thats why they are called as CD Images. And what about them? Get your favorite Saturn disc and make a BIN/CUE cd image out of it, mount it in daemon and play that in SSF.

If SSF does not display anything then your bios files are wrong, they should display the Saturn splash screen on startup (actually the clock and language setup screen on first startup, after which the splash screen comes up).