What's new

SSBM, ZTP and x64 doubts...

leba

Hey, has anyone been able to get relatively playable speeds in Zelda Twilight Princess on Dolphin with a x64 version of Windows? Because I tried both it and Super Smash Bros Melee on my laptop, but obviously the fps didn't get better than 5 fps in each one because my Windows is x86 version. I was wondering this because I have read in some other threads that some people claim SSBM is fully playable at enjoyable speed in Dolphin 1.03 Beta because of its x64 improvement.
Then could I get better speed in ZTP with an x64 OS?

Also I have another doubt which I have not been able to understand. Is AMD the only company that produces x64 processors or Intel Core 2 Duo can also be considered so? Sorry for asking too much things, but I'm still novice in all this stuff...

Specs:
Laptop Dell Inspiron 1520
Windows Vista Home Basic (Home Basic, damn it...)
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz per core
2 Gb RAM DDR2
Nvidia GeForce GT 8600 256 Mb
160 Gb SATA HD

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
AMD Athlon 64+ and Intel Core Duo+ are all 64-bit capable. The newest x64 beta version of dolphin contains improvements beyond the 64-bit upgrade, so yes, you would get better speed, but we can't say for certain how much.
Just don't expect it to be fully playable. We can't gaurantee that.

Toasty

Sony battery
and just let me get this straight, to run dolphin x64, i just need a 64bit cpu and a 64 bit os?
That's correct. Specifically, a CPU and OS that use the x86-64 architecture (so, Pentium D's, Athlon 64's, Core 2's, etc).

heftig

I'm getting about 7-30 fps here, depending on the size of the current room/area (12fps mostly). It's enough to be playable. In fact, I'm currently in the Goron Mines.

Core 2 Duo E6600 @3006MHz

Baccala

Howdy, i need some explanations on how the hell u set up dolphin properly.
What files do i need?
And what method do i do it in to get it available to work?

From scratch please....

ector

Emulator Developer
I'm getting about 7-30 fps here, depending on the size of the current room/area (12fps mostly). It's enough to be playable. In fact, I'm currently in the Goron Mines.

Core 2 Duo E6600 @3006MHz

Screenshot thread is ^ that way :)