What's new

SSBM Problems, NOT to do with speed

-Auron-

Hi,

I'm new to Dolphin emulation, here's the problem.

When I try to emulate SSBM, a window pops up saying "Booting...", then it disappears and the Dolphin center window goes black. After a few seconds, it closes, and a new window pops up with the title

"Gamecube Emulator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem."

And then its the same old stuff about error reporting and such.

I think this problem may have to do with the fact that the "Dolphin PAD Plugin(new)" doesn't seem to work. When I choose it and click configure, it says "ChangeNumPlayers", I'm taken to this screen, I choose player 1, and
then OK. I try to run SSBM again and I get the same problem. I go back to the Plugins and it hasn't saved anything.

If the problem is the plugin and that's all I need for it just to WORK, is there a different one? I'm trying to use the keyboard, not a joystick, and "Dolphin PAD Plugin(new)" doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
-Auron-

kenvin100

Banned
greetings auron...

my advice is to try to uninstall and reinstall dolphin...that might fix all your problems as for the controller, make sure the plugins is padsimple (go to settings and fix that) this will have keyboard usage..