What's new

Spinner controller for Arkanoid

MaxwellSmart

Since the 80's I like Arkanoid a lot, and I was pretty good playing this game. Allways finishing without continues.
You can imagine my pleasure when I discover MAME. But I can't repeat that experience with the mouse.
Does anybody knows where can I found a good spinner controller to use with MAME?

Shpongled

News Junkie
A rollerball mouse could be pretty similar to a "spinner controller." You know, one of those mice that stay put but have a ball on top that you spin.

OP
MaxwellSmart

MaxwellSmart

At the same time that I was good in Arkanoid, I was lame in Centipede.
For me rollerball is an entity with free will. I just can't controll it.
Thank you anyway, Shpongled.

Gorxon

Administrator
A trackball won't replace a spinner control really...unless I misunderstood your meaning of spinner controller. But it's just a wheel that you can turn both ways, right?

I have no idea where to get one though, perhaps you'll find an ancient on eBay. Would require some modifications and your own drivers though. Perhaps google has some more information.

I remember playing pong with one of those controllers on my C64. I don't have the controllers anymore though...

OP
MaxwellSmart

MaxwellSmart

A trackball won't replace a spinner control really...unless I misunderstood your meaning of spinner controller. But it's just a wheel that you can turn both ways, right?

That's right, Gorxon. I have found one in here:

http://www.retroblast.com/reviews/tornado.html

looks fine, but I'm not able to construct that. Also is a little expensive. I'll keep looking for. If someone have a simpler solution or a reliable store where to find, I'll appreciate.