What's new

Sound/Video recording help needed (non emulation or game related really)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
And maybe this is the wrong forum completely for this but I thought we have a lot of smart folks here maybe someone know or can help me figure this out.

So I'm wanting to use my iPhone4S to record video being displayed by my iPad2. The idea here is actually to aim the 4S camera at the iPad and what ever it is displaying will be recorded sound included. Now off hand the video looks presentable and works for the task at hand. Of course the sound suffers from any room noise. So I thought I could just plug a cable in from the iPad headphone to the 4S headphone. I knew I needed a special hookup so I started my plan thinking I would just my iRig adapter (lets you plus in a guitar and use the iPad for recording). So this works but even when I use a a attenuating cable I bought I get sort of a static kinda sound or hiss like ? Hard to describe I guess, I am no audio guy by any sort.

The setup is

iPad2 using a (stereo or mono, tried both) attenuating cable (1/8 inch) to a stereo or mono (again tried both) 1/8 inch to 1/4 converter to iRig adapter into iPhone.

Someone suggested maybe I need a DI box ? I thought that the attenuating cable was what balanced the impedance though going from speaker/headphone out to a mic input ?

Any ideas as always are appreciated.