What's new

Sound problems with Conker:BFD

Irish Clover

I have problems with the sound. It plays fine with the sound turned off. but when the sound is on the performance drops and the video and sound stutter. I have been playing without sound fine like I said but I would much rather play with sound if at all possible.

Oh yea, I'm using Rice's 5.6.0 and Azimer's v0.40 beta2 those have worked the best.

If anyone has a better setup or anything that would help please do. Thanks in advance.

sultanoswing

Hardware? Specs? This is pretty important - you may be stuttering because your PC ain't up to the task!

I had to use PJ64 to get Conker's running well on my setup (see below). It just kept freezing up on me in 1964 (something to do with core timing issues, if you read these forums). I get perfectly acceptable framerates for most of the game (at least as good as an orgiginal N64, except slows down for the final scene - no spoilers!).

My recommendations (for my hardware!):

PJ64 w/Service Pack (so no need for seperate RSP)
Rice 5.6.0 (w/DirectX, limited 2 stage combiner, Swap Effect=Copy)
Azimer 0.55 Audio (buggy on 0.99 1964)
N-rage's 1.82 input plugin (no rumble in 1964 w/ Conkers)

Hope this helps!

My Specs:

1964 0.99 and PJ64 1.5 w/SP
WinXP Pro w/SP1
DirectX 9.0b
NVIDIA Geforce4 440MX (56.72 Starstorm Drivers)
Soundblaster Live! 5.1 (KX Project drivers 5.10.00.3537)
PIII 1.2GHz, 512MB

Last edited:
OP
I

Irish Clover

Sorry, specs should be on my signature now. Its better now. Runs ok with occasional slowdowns. You can now actually understand what they are saying. I am using the new glide64, Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 and the RSP found with mupen64. I will try your suggestion though to see which is better. Thank you for your reply.

OP
I

Irish Clover

I tried your config out. It ran really good but the sound was choppy and it flickered sometimes. The new config I have seems to be the best for me. But I really appreciate your response. Thanks anyway

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Conkers bad fur day is not known for running on low speed cpu's, i've always found 1964 plays this game slower than Project64 does, weird but thats how i see it.

Still, 1964 or project64 it doesn't matter since I have 2ghz under the boot.

knowitman

I use PJ64 SP1 with pretty much the default settings for this game. It runs really well. The only thing I changed was the resolution to 1280x960. With your setup I would try PJ64 SP1 with everything default. It should work. I would then move on from there.

Trotterwatch

jessman1988 said:
man, dude! Good gfx card, HORRIBLE speed, lmao.

(sorry, as I know that this doesn't help you in any way.)
Can you stop making stupid replies to posts like this.....btw, great speed, crappy gfx LMAO