What's new

Sound oddities

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Well, I must say I'm pretty impressed with the new 1964, but 'tis of course not perfect. ;-)

Schibo's new audio plugin seems to be missing some sound effects in at Smash Bros. To see the difference, compare the first part of the SSB intro with Schibo's HLE audio to LLE sound with the PJ64 RSP and Azimer's Audio plugin 0.40, or to Azi's 0.55.1.

I'm assuming this is simply due the HLE nature of the new audio plugin, and it not being perfect yet. :D

Would it be possible to add support for LLE audio in Schibo's plugin in the next release, so I can use LLE audio and still have it sync properly?

One more thing, Azi's LLE audio 0.50.2 crashes the emu with the attached error in Smash Bros. using the PJ64 1.5 RSP. Azi's HLE 0.55.1 Alpha works pretty good, though.

One last thing, although not particularly audio-related: why is v1.80 of N-Rage's input plugin included, and not v1.82a?

schibo

Emulator Developer
The Khan Artist said:
I'm assuming this is simply due the HLE nature of the new audio plugin, and it not being perfect yet. :D

Nicely stated. There isn't much special about the plugin other than it is a compilation of various sources with a few significant improvements.

The Khan Artist said:
Would it be possible to add support for LLE audio in Schibo's plugin in the next release, so I can use LLE audio and still have it sync properly?

Strange, you should be able to use an RSP plugin to process alists...at least that used to and should work with schiboAudio. We will look into it for 1.0.

The Khan Artist said:
One last thing, although not particularly audio-related: why is v1.80 of N-Rage's input plugin included, and not v1.82a?

The older input plugin was distributed simply because of Mempak messagebox warnings in version 1.82a. It could cause audio to be lost and unless someone didn't know to turn off raw mode, or I guess insert a mempak, these messageboxes will appear. The audio loss that results from that is something that I would need to fix in the audio plugin.

Last edited:
OP
The Khan Artist

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
schibo said:
Strange, you should be able to use an RSP plugin to process alists...at least that used to and should work with schiboAudio. We will look into it for 1.0.

I saw #2 in karth95's FAQ and didn't try. Upon actually trying it myself, it works fine. *shrugs*

The older input plugin was distributed simply because of Mempak messagebox warnings in version 1.82a. It could cause audio to be lost and unless someone didn't know to turn off raw mode, or I guess insert a mempak, these messageboxes will appear. The audio loss that results from that is something that I would need to fix in the audio plugin.

The mempak path is by default AppPath\MemPaks. Wouldn't including a folder named MemPaks in the archive fix this? Or is there some other warning I'm unaware of?

BTW, I forgot to include that error in the previous post... bah.