What's new

Sound Issues, Please Help

ultimitss

I just got Project 64 today and i am having some troubles with the sound. I found a ROM for Hydro Thunder and when i looked at the files in a list it said "Needs Audio Plug-in" and "default plug-in wont work". In an attempt to solve this problem i changes the sound input to "zilmar's audio plug-in" and the game does work although it is without audio. Does anyone know how i can get the audio to work with a problem like this? any help is much appreciated.

**EDIT**

After downloading a few more roms it appears to be taht no roms will have any sound, could this be my soundcard?

Last edited:

Poobah

Zilmar's plugin behaves like a cut-down version of Jabo's, so changing to it from Jabo's one wouldn't help. Have a look at Azimer's Audio Plugin -- one of the best audio plugins available.

EDIT: In case you're unsure, you just have to open the archive file and extract the .DLL file into the "plugins" folder, which is located within Project64's installation directory.

Has the audio worked normally in other programs that rely on Directsound? Do you have DirectX 9.0c?

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok this is an old version of pj64? get current + rdb update.

please give system specs.

zilmar's is not a cut down version of jabo's the code is completely different and much older. zilmar's is never recommended but can be useful for debugging as it may work when directsound is being weird. changing plugins won't solve this problem really, better to find out whats wrong on his system with the default plugins.

OP
U

ultimitss

Ok, system Specs:

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (64 MB)

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)

RAM: 1.5 GB of DDR SDRAM

direct X 9.0

Anything else needed?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
what sound card?
any sound problems with other apps/emus?
any difference with azimer's audio plugin?