What's new

Sound issues, and some minor framerate issues aswell...

NihilisticAC

First of all, specs:

Pentium D, 2.8 GHz
x800Pro, 256MB
2GB PC4300 Ram
AOpen Cobra AW-850 7.1 Sound card, paired with Logitech X-530 5.1 setup

I'm trying to play CBFD,using all of the default plugins and the sound and choppy framerate every so often makes it near unplayable...

Is there any way to fix this, or could it possible just be the ROM it self?

On a side note, someone told me that there are no actual PS1 ROMs, just the emulator it self. The emulator, however, makes it so your CD drive reads the game disk...is this true?

Thanks to any who help me!

Clements

Try enabling sync audio to gameplay in the audio plugin. CBFD works great here.

On that other thing, you can make an image of a PSX CD like you would of a music CD and use it, or use the actual CD. Running from an image is quicker.

OP
N

NihilisticAC

Well, I played with it a bit, and found out that if I set it to the lowest possbile resolution...it plays perfectly...

As I increase window resoultion, the sound gets increasingly worse...

I'm really at a loss as to why it's doing this :(

And pertaining to the PSX question, what I was asking is if there are any actual ROMs for download, so I don't actually have to have the disk to play it...

Trotterwatch

Yes, but you'll have to find them yourself. Otherwise do as I do most of the time and pick up a cheap copy 2nd hand and make an .iso yourself.

OP
N

NihilisticAC

Ok, and I wasn't asking where I could get them or anything. I was just wondering about it because a friend said there were none...

Also, what's up with the GCN roms? Or lack of anyway...