What's new

Sound In general plaese respond

ssjkorn87

Ive configured 1964 to the 'best' settings possible. 1964 seems to be far superior to Project 64 in most things but sound. Sound is somthing that i have not been able to fix at al yet especialy speech which is a pain. Could someone please help i get a horrible repeating syndrome in Azimers 0.40b sound plugin and nearly alll the other ones except for Azimers Hle 0.13b which can be configured reasonabley but always fails with : Unknown/ Unimplimented Audio command 8 in abi 3. Now this problem can be over come with disableing send audio lists to audio plugin under rsp in P64. Is this possible in anyway in 1964. Or is it possible to speed up p64 past 20 fps on action.

System specs. celeron 880 Mhz , 512 Mb ram, Riva TnT 2 32mb, Generic sound card, Xp.

please help,

:!!!:

Duncan

N64 Addict
You must take into consideration that you have a Generic sound card, also id recommend trying Azimers Audio v0.30 (old driver) and see how it does.

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

Yeah

Thanks for replying ive got it pinned down to the following ways to go:

1964 Azimers 0.40b -Nice sound with horrible repeating syndrome
1964 Azimers 0.30 - No repeating but slight crackling and voices sound like they are thru a tin can
P64 Azimers 0.30 - Sounds quite good with freaqent breaks in sound
P64- Azimers 013b - Best of all slighty abrupt sound but clear enough speech (but this plugin dont work with 1964!)

Any other sugestions greatly appreciated.

:!!!: :blush:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Try to turn off DMA Segmentation in the game option. If the game is still working after turning DMA off, you will get much better sound.

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

Thank you for replying, Dma in segments was set to no, curently im getting choppy backround sounds and tin can speech.
It will inprove when my sound card comes thru the post hopefully :)
with azimers 0.30 mind, 0.40 is the rapp syndrome ;)
:sly:

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ssjkorn, I would like to know your best "settings". I wanna check 'em out with my 1964. I'm too lazy to do it myself :D

Duncan

N64 Addict
As Rice noted DMA Segments off works, and mostly for "staticky" type sound, not so much the choppy/crackling type probs. If your using the Pre-Source 0.8.0 version, its has a limiter/speed problem, so framerates are crazy, if so, correcting sound problems can be fixed a few different ways. Azimers Audio vo.40b is just that, a Beta, a good one in terms of progress, but some games wont work with it and effects others, and i dont like sacrificing compatability :) Beyond tweaking a little with settings and etc., that generic sound card isnt going to be too compatable with any plugin, though some might work better than others, you will have a certain degree of problems due to the card and its drivers. Use Azimers Audio v0.30, its the most compatable, thumbs up to Azim :)

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

yeah, another thing

The repeating speech of azimers 0.40n can be noticably reduced by removing * change blending mode if not supported by card -under jabos d7 gfx, well me buying a geforce series card could help 2 seeing as this option uses up lots a cpu.

If you guys wanna be good samaratins I have got £100 pounds spare (bout $126.32) any ideas about wot i should buy to improve n64 emu?

Thanks for replying

Damn rite all of the authors of these kickass free great programs deserve a round of aplause :thumbsup:

crhylove

Banned
sound....

...is definitely the rough spot currently in emulation. that and 2d sprites like menus, etc.

rhy

it'll get better!

Also, i notice azi .04 slows alot under jabo 1.4 is this the change blending mode thing? cuz i have a geforce....
:inlove: