What's new

Sound Crackling

megaman_blas

Hi, I am using 1964. I really like it compare to project64. But the sound in 1964 is very bad. I'm experiencing a lot of crackling in the sound. I've tried 1964 on both machine xp1900/gforce2 and athlon 1000/voodoo3. I'm running version 7.3 on windows xp pro. I have played around with the two included audio plugins but couldnt get rip of the sound problem. Plz give me some idea on what to do.

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
It depends, but you need to give us more info if you are to know what is the problem. For example tell us your sound card/videocard and what sound plugin you are using and how many fps you are getting (if you aren't getting 60 or so that is your problem). On the audio plugins please tell ous which ones you are using.

OP
M

megaman_blas

I'm running on 1900xp/gforce2 mx. I'm getting constanst 60FPS. My computer can handle 1964 without any problem. I have tried out the two included audio plugins from 1964. They dont work too well for me.

Fox

Born to play
Try turning off DMA in Segments, in the rom settings. If the game can still run then the sound should be far better.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
you still haven't said what sound card you have on both of your computers. try getting 1964 0.8.3 if you can find it (shouldn't be too hard) and use jabo's directsound plugin from project 64 because 1964 0.7.3 doesn't support LLE audio.

OP
M

megaman_blas

I'm running on an Nforce chipsets with onboard sound and video. Gforce2 mx and Nvidia Audio. The audio is superb when using PJ64.

Fox

Born to play
If the above still hasn't improved it, you could try modifying the depth buffer in audio options.