What's new

Sound/control probs...

GamemasterN

Hardware that matters:
Voodoo 3 3000 video card (16MB SDRAM)
Soundblaster Live! soundcard
InterAct AxisPad (USB, dual analog PSX button layout)

The control problem I have is that I can't set the digital pad to my gampad's control pad (POV) separate from the analog X/Y axis. The way this pad is setup I basically have 3 sets of axises (if u count the control pad as having axises). As an alternative, I tried setting the digital pad to the 1st analog of the pad and setting the analog x/y to the pad's 2nd analog stick. However Nemu won't respond to the left/right axis of the 2nd stick during gameplay for some reason.

The only other problem is that I have a very very slight skipping issue. Does anyone have any suggestions for speeding things up? I don't need much more speed, like I said it's very very slight. As it is it's still quite playable.

You can speed it up by shutting down background tasks (for example the virusscanner). It will also help if you go to start and choose execute and type "msconfig". Now shut down all the rubbish (like many adware etc.). Restart your computer and it will work fine!

OP
G

GamemasterN

mightyrocket said:
You can speed it up by shutting down background tasks (for example the virusscanner). It will also help if you go to start and choose execute and type "msconfig". Now shut down all the rubbish (like many adware etc.). Restart your computer and it will work fine!

The control problem has been resolved. N-Gage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a input plugin allows the use of all 3 sets of axises.

jollyrancher

He's right.... NRage's input used to work with Gravis' digital input with DirectX8, but since I've upgraded to DX9 onlly the analog works... unless I messed up something else I'm not aware of.

OP
G

GamemasterN

mightyrocket said:
Are you sure you are using Nemu?
Well I discovered the N-Rage plugin while experimenting with 1964, and since Nemu (supposedly) uses 1964 plugins I would assume the N-Rage plugin can be used to solve the problem in Nemu. I was using Nemu when I started this thread, and still have it.