What's new

SoulCal becomes PLAYABLE - Fixed 2d Graphics screwup

Anyone who has played soul calibur on chancast will know that after the first 'vs' screen the 90% of 2d graphics afterwards are screwed up

I have successfully modded chancast to refresh the graphics engine everytime the start button is pressed. Obviously there is a delay to prevent pounding your gfx card. This make mission mode totally playable.
This might also fix 2d problems on another games but this is untested.
(I only ever play SC)

Also added 1600x1200 resolution while i was there! :borg:
Althought the soul calibur fix doesnt work in this res

heres a screeny of a normally corrupt screen http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1654458/0/nouser_1654/T0_-1_1654458.png

Last edited:

Mouser X

Dumb question? Why did you use a picture hosting service, when you could have included the picture as an attatchment to your post? I can't view the picture because it says there's to much traffic, or something like that. You could have included your patch/hack as an attachment as well. At less than 500k, it would have fit as an attachment to your post very easily (there's a few things [plugins, patches, emulators, addons, ect.] on this board that are distributed soley as attachments, and have no hosting anywhere else).

If you were unaware of the attachment abilities, then I suggest you familiarize yourself with them, please. Personally, I find them quite helpful and useful.

On the subject of you hack/patch, I appreciate the work. Is there any other games this might effect? I've got Ecco, and Skies of Arcadia, though I'd be surprised if your hack/patch made any difference to them. As for the 1600x1200 resolution, that's great! However, my monitor only goes up to 1280x1024, so I won't be using it. But, if I could, I would. I've got over 1500 screenshots from Skies of Arcadia, and I wouldn't mind at all retaking some of those to take advantage of the increase in resolution. But, considering the graphical errors that many games (SoA and especially Ecco includeded) have in Chankast, I'm not too sure if it'd be worth it.

Anyway, hopefully others find this to be useful. Mouser X over and out.

flowrent

Does this work only with gamepads ? I use a keyboard and although i press the Player 1 start button as said in the FAQ, nothing happens .
Also what do you mean by " In Soul calibur set your options to 'quick player selection' since thats the only place this mod cant fix fast enough. :( "
Should we set it to quick player selection for the patch to work or not ?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
you know, you coul actually configure the input plugin so that Chankast uses the controls you choose, instead of using the default ones. Ytes, you can play with a keyboard too.

flowrent

Dooh i am actually so smart i configured my own keys :D
Now really ..it's not working whatever keys i set .

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
Does this work only with gamepads ? I use a keyboard and although i press the Player 1 start button as said in the FAQ, nothing happens .
Also what do you mean by " In Soul calibur set your options to 'quick player selection' since thats the only place this mod cant fix fast enough. :( "
Should we set it to quick player selection for the patch to work or not ?

Sorry, I should have stated in the readme that only joypad support is available atm.
The mod's joypad support is completly seperate from the input.dll you are using to control the game. (No sdk avail.... :( )
Ill add KB support in the next release. ('bout 2 days, I wanna get it right ;) )

Yes turn on Quick player selection. From experience its the only place in game that corrupts the GFX faster than Mod can repair them.....

to be clear...
Quick player selection = ON