What's new

soul calibur acting up....

kdp

hey all...

i used to play soul calibur just fine on chankast 0.2... i upgrade to 0.25 and encounter a strangish bug of sorts... at the refersh rate select menu i see no text... and then while playing, most of the level doesn't display... any ideas?
(yes i am using the latest drivers for my gfx card.. just updated...)

-kdp

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
While running the emulator go to options, configure video. There are two options about zwrite there. Enable one of them or both of them (see which one makes the game look better). If this doesn't work use v0.2 or wait for the next release.

OP
K

kdp

hmm... i'm begining to think this is a driver related problem, coz i just tested the game in 0.2a again and it gives me the same errors....

any ideas for good drivers for a SiS 650?

OP
K

kdp

lol.... i shoulda mentioned that this is a new comp.. the one that everything was running fine on was a p3 550 with a 64mb geforce4mx440... this is a p4 2.4 with a 64mb SiS650 (onboard gfx card...)..

any ideas on a good set of drivers?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You should visit SiS' website and try different drivers. If you can't run it correctly after that then your card cannot handle Chankast. :(

astroduck

I think Chankast will not work on any onboard graphics. It will only work on Nvidia or ATI Chipset.

holymoz

with 50 euros or dollars you can buy a cheap decent video card like ati radeon 9200 that works very good or me

Renai&SHMUPS

Cold As Ice Foreigner.
Chankast works with my onboard graphics... and it's only a pitiful 64 MB DDR SDRAM Intel Extreme Graphics, no less!

Sure, it's not "0M6-50-00B4R-R337" fast, but cards cost money, and I need to feed myself, too. Truth be told, yes, I'm saving up for that fancy card, but I also am attempting to shore up the funds for super sound, a bigger HD, perhaps a processor upgrade, and perhaps 4x the RAM I currently possess (512 MB...). With all that said, I'm pretty satisfied with whatever speed it runs at, as I never went in expecting 60 FPS 24/7/365 with my card, anyway. Ahh, such is life.

BIGFOOT_PI

kdp said:
lol.... i shoulda mentioned that this is a new comp.. the one that everything was running fine on was a p3 550 with a 64mb geforce4mx440... this is a p4 2.4 with a 64mb SiS650 (onboard gfx card...)..

any ideas on a good set of drivers?

Nice downgrade dude...
and onboard chip is NEVER better than even a gf4mx440.
If your new motherboard has an AGP video card slot you need to go pull the old mx440 and slap it into the new PC...
(unless your mx440 is a pci card, then I'm sure you have a pci slot free unless yer new pc is garbage)

Last edited: