What's new

sorry, better question about FPS

Xmetallegionsx

i figured out my last question about the controller, but better yet how could i increase my frames per second, im running at barely 6 fps it says, and i think my computer's pretty healthy enough to run it, AMD 3.2, ATI radeom X800 pro, gig ram

n-phreak

Nintendo Phreak
check out the FAQ

Q: Whoa, Dolphin is running as fast as a pregnant snail, what am I doing wrong?
A: The Nintendo Gamecube is a very advanced platform and (todays) computers are not fast enough yet to emulate it with the techniques we use. So... you aren't doing anything wrong! Upgrading a CPU or GPU won't gain you much more performance (you will only gain 1-5 fps). IF you decide to upgrade just besure to get a 64-bit CPU and a GPU which supports (at least) 2.0 pixelshaders.

Dolphin is not made for speed man.
sorry :(

OP
X

Xmetallegionsx

yea i see

yea i get that, but the rom's im trying to run are extremely unplayable, bieng as they are 2 naruto games so i dont know if any other problems have been before, but is there anything i can do to atleast get it playable?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You're computer isn't "healthy enough". Please use internet resources (like this board) to find out what emulating another system really means [in terms of raw computing power].

Toasty

Sony battery
There is but one way to make your computer run Gamecube games at full speed, but you'll need to update/replace some of your hardware to pull it off:

1. Get rid of your current PC monitor and replace it with a television set that has either RCA AV jacks and/or RF input.

2. Replace your PC with a Gamecube and use its included adapter to connect to the television's RCA AV jacks, or use a separately purchased RF adapter to connect to the television's RF input.

3. A recommended add-on is the Gamecube 'memory card' which lets you not only play at full speed, but save your progress as well!

4. A special controller should also be included with the Gamecube from step 2 that you'll need to hook up to the Gamecube to play.

I managed to update my rig for only $100 USD (I had an old television I could use, so I didn't need to get another one) and I can now play any Gamecube game I throw at it at full speed!

Mouser X

While "updating" your hardware using that method works, might I suggest an alternative plan?

1. Instead of replacing your monitor with a TV, get a new video card that has video-in capabilities. Having the RCA AV jacks, RF input, and whatnot is definatly recommended.

2. Instead of replacing your PC, get the "Gamecube PC add-on." It's pretty cheap, only $100 USD, and fits comfortably next to your PC that now has video-in on the video card. To hook it up, simply use the cables that came with the "GC PC add-on."

3. I have to agree with this step. Get the memory card. You'll be glad you did.

4. As an added bonus for getting the "GC PC add-on," you get a free controller! Mine works great, but I've bought more so that I can have some multiplayer sessions.

While I don't know the exact price for all of this, it shouldn't be to much. Maybe $150-$200, depending on the video-in device you get. Another suggestion that I'd propose, to help integrate the "GC PC add-on" better would be to get a USB adapter for the controller that came free. That way, you can use it on you PC, and on your new "GC PC add-on." I got one for $20. Works pretty good.

Anyway, hopefully you've found some useful suggestions on how to get GC games running at full speed using your PC (to some extent). Mouser X over and out.

If you live in Latin America, prices may rise up to 300 USD. In this case, hope Sega makes a port of their infamous Gamecube games to PC, then buy them for 2 USD. No emulator, no Gamecube, only illegal ripping! Of course, chances are ya don't live in Latin America. In this case, just buy a Gamecube. Ya have 100 USD, don't ya?