What's new

Sony looses 'Vibrating' lawsuite! :D

Cyberman

Sony lost it's suit in the rumble arena.. so now it must PAY!
http://eetimes.com/news/latest/show...d=NZCJW2W2EYYDYQSNDLSCKHA?articleID=197700916

In a brief statement (That seemed a bit strange too much vibration usage?)

"We look forward to exploring with Immersion exciting new ways to bring the largest and best range of game-play experiences to our customers," Kazuo Hirai, president and group chief operating officer for Sony Computer Entertainment, said in a joint statement with Immersion.

Cyb

Toasty

Sony battery
I'll say one thing for Sony; they have lots of cash stuffed up their sleeves. Just a matter of time until it runs out though.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, at least now consumers can expect Playstation 3 controller with vibration support. Besides, I thought that Sony already lost shortly after they started to go against Immersion and their "patent", instead of doing what Microsoft did and settle outright. Hence why there weren't any vibration support when it lauched.

Or was I just looking at this the wrong way, in the sense that Sony vs. Immersion is finally closed, and the two parties settled and back when the PS3 launched, Sony couldn't implement vibration support into the controllers because the trial was still on?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, at least now consumers can expect Playstation 3 controller with vibration support.

Can we? :p

"I believe that the Sixaxis controller offers game designers and developers far more opportunity for future innovation than rumble ever did. Now, rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature. I think motion sensitivity is. And we don't see the need to do that. Having said that, there will be specific game function controllers, potentially like steering wheels that do include vibration or feedback function -- not from us but from third parties."

:p

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

LOL well sorry Allnatural

Sorry about that, I just thought this article was much more humorous especially the 'EXCITING' ways quote.

It's just silly though to have a vibrating motion sensitive controler though.