What's new

Sony are Devils: Lik-sang disappears

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's all Sony's fault. This is a sad day for us all. Sony has once again for a way to destroy for everyone else but themselves.
Without further ado, and without any further comments, here's the link: Important Notice: Lik-Sang.com Out of Business due to Multiple Sony Lawsuits

And don't you dare say Sony isn't evil. We won't accept that.
Also, if you take a look, new comments appears on the article all the time. I think Sony is going to be ever more loathed now. Way to go!

Last edited:

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
Sony's a complete idiot. They're gonna get themselves so much bad attitude i'm suprised if the CEo lasts to 2007 & 1/2

Toasty

Sony battery
  • Rootkit scandal
  • $600 game console
  • Exploding batteries
  • $84 video games
  • Now, suing Lik-Sang.com out of business
  • I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting
What kind of idiot do they have in charge over there? I really, really want Sony to go bankrupt.

Trotterwatch

I once had a CD from Sony that included a shitty little copy protection called Key2AudioXS on it. Trouble is, it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the packaging, disk, inlay etc

Main problem was it wouldn't play properly in PC drives, instead you had to either rip the files with something like ExactAudioCopy or put up with 64kbs .wma files.

Best part about it? The product manager responsible denied it was on the CD at all, I was a liar. I am 100% certain it was on it.... anyways I copied it and returned it to the shop.

Sony can go fuck themselves.

WhiteX

let´s emulate all of their hardware, hack all their software, and buy Wiis and X360s:p

Last edited:
OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

A quote from the comments on the site:

And to think I was hesitating between the Wii and the PS3

The funny thing is that also Sony employees imported PSPs when they were first released in Japan.
It's clear, however, that this is going to have a big impact. Let's see just how big.

Flash

Technomage
  • Rootkit scandal
  • $600 game console
  • Exploding batteries
  • $84 video games
  • Now, suing Lik-Sang.com out of business
  • I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting
What kind of idiot do they have in charge over there? I really, really want Sony to go bankrupt.
MD Players and Sonic Stage update that corrupted files on MDs
If you have v10 PS2 you must install modchip with laser fix or console will die within a year when playing DL discs (too much juice goes through laser head coils)

$2000 laptops with powerful for its time Pentium III 933 CPU... batteries that work only for about two hours and crappy NeoMagic 6Mb video card that worse than 2Mb ATI Rage II+ in both 2D and 3D
(it's slower in 2D than old VLB Cirrus Logic card, 3D... Well, It runs first Jedi Knight in 320x240 (6Mb card !) a bit slow with LOTS of gfx errors, Shogo - lots of glitches and it's not a game but slide show, Q3, Unreal ? Forget it, in 2001 Sony's laptop can only run minesweeper) It was equipped with FireWire, so you can think about DV editing. No f..cking way unless you're a masochist. And i still use 400MHz PowerBook Titanium sometimes, and it at least five times faster than Sony GAYO

My ex-girlfriend's father bought big Sony TV and it died in fire next day - boom, BOOM !!! KRAK!!!, smoke. Sony service said there was water inside, of
course there wasn't any. Short circuit in PSU (small plastic thing that holds one transistor melted and 220v got through all PCB, all that could be salvaged from that TV was CRT tube and speakers.
But store owner was good man and replaced that piece of crap with 32" Philips TV that still works fine.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
we're trying to protect consumers from being sold hardware that does not conform to strict EU or UK consumer safety standards, due to voltage supply differences et cetera; is not - in PS3's case - backwards compatible with either PS1 or PS2 software; will not play European Blu-Ray movies or DVDs; and will not be covered by warranty

From the companies standopoint, they were averting a disaster.

$600 game console - The price will go down eventually, and people were paying much more for the PS2 when it came out.

$84 Video Games - HA! Its not likely that every game will be that expensive... a few of them MAYBE. But I remember when my friend bought Vigilante 8 2nd offence for N64 it was like $80.

Exploding batteries - The batteries were designed for specific configurations, when 3rd party manufacturers failed to emulate the configurations the battery ran into (severe) problems. So, it wasn't as if Sony created a battery that blew up... just that they created a battery that couldnt handle unspecified configurations (namely the Dell laptop configuration, lol).

Rootkit Scandal - This is something that makes me really mad... can't defend them there.

Sony is just as evil as Microsoft. Nintendo would be the least evil choice in the console market. I'm still gonna buy the ps3 eventually, if only to play the next gen final fantasy games.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

From the companies standopoint, they were averting a disaster.
That's nonsense. Sony simply didn't want people importing. I mean, hey, why did they ban the PSP import, hmmm?

$600 game console - The price will go down eventually, and people were paying much more for the PS2 when it came out.
Yes, maybe $100 in 4 years or so? Sony is losing a tremendous amount of money on each sold console.

$84 Video Games - HA! Its not likely that every game will be that expensive... a few of them MAYBE. But I remember when my friend bought Vigilante 8 2nd offence for N64 it was like $80.
We'll see! It's likely the prices ARE going to skyrocket due to more expense development. I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more companies going to Nintendo for a cheaper dev platform.

Exploding batteries - The batteries were designed for specific configurations, when 3rd party manufacturers failed to emulate the configurations the battery ran into (severe) problems. So, it wasn't as if Sony created a battery that blew up... just that they created a battery that couldnt handle unspecified configurations (namely the Dell laptop configuration, lol).
This is Sony's fault. A laptop is to draw power from a battery - nothing else. It is up to Sony to manufacturer them - and they've admitted they've made faulty batteries. If Sony's batteries doesn't work in laptops that OTHER batteries work just fine, then whose fault is it? It's a known fact that Sony's products are not top quality.

Sony is just as evil as Microsoft. Nintendo would be the least evil choice in the console market. I'm still gonna buy the ps3 eventually, if only to play the next gen final fantasy games.

Don't pollute my thread with purchasing the PS3. Do that in the PS3 owns all, please -_- If you want to post here, blame Sony and their console and don't encourage them.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
When Sony does things like this every month its no wonder I don't feel bad for owning a modchipped ps2. I need to be able to import because I am simply unwilling to wait six months for a game I can play now, For Example when FFXII comes out for you in a few days time i'll still not be able to get myself a copy of it locally, ludicrious because we speak english in scotland so it makes absolutely no sense to me. By eliminating importing it forces people to go down the road of piracy if they don't want to be left out and once they start they don't stop.

Sony is going to kill themselves.

Last edited:

WhiteX

Overconfidence, the thought that all gamers are blind like tye and will buy all they release, this is the doom of Sony.

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
keep defending sony, tye stik, (until you go broke from buying an exploding ps3 with uberexpensive games from a company that sues you for buyin it.)

btw, nice avatar, doomulation

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
keep defending sony, tye stik, (until you go broke from buying an exploding ps3 with uberexpensive games from a company that sues you for buyin it.)

I'll keep defending Sony, if only to piss people off. Even if they kill babies.

That's nonsense. Sony simply didn't want people importing. I mean, hey, why did they ban the PSP import, hmmm?

You're nonesense... you need hardware to conform to regional standards. Especially if your using new technology that may or may not have problems with different standards.

WhiteX

there´s two kinds of ppl, tye, ppl who know jack about international standards and never imported any electronic device and the ones who know all about standards crap and what to import their stuff, you know, it is a man´s right to decide to go buy his stuff wherever he sees fit and Lik-Sang decided to make a buck on this right by importing stuff for you, nice, huh?

But no, Sony does not want you to have the right to buy your stuff anywhere, they want to overcharge you when localizing their products or worse they do not want you to have them, here, in Brazil we can only get a PS2 if it is imported, if a big one like lik-sang is out,we´re out.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I'll keep defending Sony, if only to piss people off. Even if they kill babies.
You're an amature at pissing people off, I can make people pissed off and go into insane insult mode without even saying the F-word :D Also, I can't wait to see the look on your face when the Sony PS3 plummets to its doom :D

I love arguing with idiots who end up getting their own thread locked with their uncontrollable anger. ;)

WhiteX said:
But no, Sony does not want you to have the right to buy your stuff anywhere, they want to overcharge you when localizing their products or worse they do not want you to have them, here, in Brazil we can only get a PS2 if it is imported, if a big one like lik-sang is out,we´re out.
Exactly, it's all about da bling bling ya know what i'm saying dawg?

Last edited: