What's new

Sonic Adventure 2? (GeForce Users)

Pumster

Hey everyone.
First off, congratulations to the Chankast developer(s) for creating such a successful emulator. Unfortunately, many people, such as myself, missed out on Sega's last home console, and this new program gives us another chance to experience the Dreamcast's many great exclusives. (Which, sadly, were either forgotten or badly ported to other consoles.)
Anyway, I plan on buying old Dreamcast CD's and creating home-made ISO's, but I was wondering, have any other GeForce users tested Sonic Adventure 2? I have a GeForce 3, but many users that own similar NVidia Graphics Cards have experienced problems with the game in Chankast. (For example, in the "Compatibility List" thread, the game is said to not work at all besides a "Blue Screen" during gameplay.)

morpheusx

I have a nvidia graphics card and mine works fine with chankast

64mb nvidia GeForce4 mx 440 - driver version 56.72

Strange

Fine with chankast... But not with Sonic! I tested it on GeForce3 and FX5600 - the same bug,playable only in wireframe mode...

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Sonic Adventure 1 runs fine with a few graphical bugs in the first level. It crashes when loading the Mystic Ruins level. SA2 seems to run a lot better in the new Chankast .25. No more Huge blue screen in front of everything. Too bad it crashes soon after playing the first level.

ickle_moi

Monkey Ball Addict..
Pumster said:
Hey everyone.
First off, congratulations to the Chankast developer(s) for creating such a successful emulator. Unfortunately, many people, such as myself, missed out on Sega's last home console, and this new program gives us another chance to experience the Dreamcast's many great exclusives. (Which, sadly, were either forgotten or badly ported to other consoles.)
Anyway, I plan on buying old Dreamcast CD's and creating home-made ISO's, but I was wondering, have any other GeForce users tested Sonic Adventure 2? I have a GeForce 3, but many users that own similar NVidia Graphics Cards have experienced problems with the game in Chankast. (For example, in the "Compatibility List" thread, the game is said to not work at all besides a "Blue Screen" during gameplay.)

you might have troubles running dreamcast "cds" without a dreamcast because of the propirity GD rom format

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
fivefeet8 said:
Sonic Adventure 1 runs fine with a few graphical bugs in the first level. It crashes when loading the Mystic Ruins level. SA2 seems to run a lot better in the new Chankast .25. No more Huge blue screen in front of everything. Too bad it crashes soon after playing the first level.

Uh. I still have the blue screen problem.

Bazil

I don't get a blue screen, just loads of vertex errors causing it to be unplayable because the screen is constantly full of them.

Juli

me GF4 TI 4200, driver version 56.72:

works rather well in v0.25 but many stages have to played in wireframe mode... I dled a finished savegame at gamefaqs and it seems that the GF has problems if there are are walls near you (totally open levels like Metal Harbour work fine)... the final rush (or how it was called) with Shadow works fine as long as I am in open areas, in indoor areas I have to switch to wireframe because I have polygons in my way (it is not always a blue screen the color changes level to level and sometimes even in the levels themself... Hero Garden for example is 100% white)...

btw, to my knowledge the bug occurs on GF3 and up so a GF4MX won't have it as it is GF2 based (just D3D 7.0 whereas the GF3 is D3D 8.0)

OP
Pumster

Pumster

I see - I guess I'll have to hold off until later Chankast releases, but, if Wireframe mode works, then the emulator is loading the polygons correctly. Could this be more of a Z-Axis problem? (For example, maybe the "Blue Screen" is really the background being drawn in front of everything else.)

Guru64

I have a NVidia card (Geforce 4 MX 440) and it works great here. The only really stupid problem is the stretching vertices. (I posted alot of screenshots on in the screenshots thread)