What's new

Sonic Adventure 2 Freezes During the first level

Ekibohc

There was a thread posted about this a while ago and i didnt really get any information from it, so any help would be much appreciated, and apologies if this is somewhere else and i was too ignorant to see it :p
Basically, the first level is playable to me, and i can board down the streets easy, but when i get to the bottom, it freezes, and i have to quit. This does not happen at a specific point or time, it is just sort of near to the bottom of the level. If it helps, Im running:

Windows XP pro. SP1
ATI X600 Pro (256 mb)
P4 3.4Ghz (HT)
1 Gb ddr ram
250 gig H/d, (with external 160 as well)
Crappy sound card

Oh and i'm also running it from a .cdi, but i tried burning it already.

Thanks, Ekib

Acorn

Yes, it does freeze there unfortunatly :( With a save, you can get in to different parts of the game though. Try gamefaqs.com for those, though I'm not sure if they have any for sonic adventure 2.

Pavlik

Maybe you have a bad rip from 4 public relases. It was crashes in the same place in Hooligans relase.

Shakeno

In my game it crashes automatically when I reach the train part at the first stage and I start running (My record is 7 steps)... sometimes when I'm going to reach that, and other times, if I'm too slow, far from that point... did you noticed it crashes after some seconds?

Also, it does the same action than the "Reset" option of the emulator

P.S: Unfortunately, I'm using the Echelon...
P.S2: Sorry for my bad english

Last edited: