What's new

Songs don't activate on Legend of Zelda games

Midori_Sangatsu

Recently my files for Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were moved around. This could possibly result to the problem, but I am still not sure how to fix the problem. When I play a song with my Ocarina I cannot activate the schematic. Such as playing the sun song in Ocarina of Time it will not finish and change it into day/night. I can continue to play the same notes to activate the song but it will not. When a bar come up such as on a triforce where one of the Great Fairies live. The song will activate. This will prove troublesome in fights such as against the Skull kid in Majora's Mask and getting to the temples such as the shadow temple in ocarina of time.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Hmm... While you play the game go to the status screen and make sure that the songs you're trying to play are there. There are some notes there that represent the songs you have learned on the game; you can also see what buttons you have to press to play each song there. If the song you are trying to play is not there then you cannot play it. (Maybe you have deleted or moved you save file by accident?)
In that case you have to learn the song(s) again. (And by saying that I mean that you have to go to the cemetery and go in the royal tomb to learn the sun song.)

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Also, I discovered (by accident) that sometimes if you have a second controller set to "plugged" it might prevent your songs from playing and being accepted. I've only caused this in N-Rage's plugin though, so it might not apply to your problem.

OP
M

Midori_Sangatsu

To PsyMan: I did go to [quest status] after clicking start, the songs that I tried to play were there. Zelda's Lullaby, Epona Song, Saria's song, Sun song, Song of Time, Song Storms, Minuet of Forest, Bolero of Fire, Serenade of Water, Nocturned of Shadow, Prelude of light were all there.
queststatusmenu.gif

To Tre: I had my keyboard and my controller on when I first started playing, when it was messed up though i checked my controller configs first and took of the keyboard. I restarted the program but it was still doing it so I don't think it is the controller configs.

settingsprogram.gif

If there is any other type of screen shots that could be helpful please reply telling me what of.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Okay, I think part of your problem may be that you are using "Def's N64 Direct Input 0.54" controller plugin. It's rated as one of the lower controller plugins out of the bunch. I'd recommend to you that you attempt to use "Jabo's Direct Input 7 1.6" plugin (included WITH PJ64) and configure only Player 1 with your controller. If THIS solves the problem, then it was something fishy in your plugin.